EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

< Return to subforum
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Aug 17 2017 2:01 PM
We can think. God cannot.
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
We can have many children. God cannot.
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
We do not torture babies. God does.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father.
You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was.
Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.
Islam would be a better religion today if that had not forced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight fire with fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression.
Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Aug 22 2017 12:19 AM
Greatest I am: You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally

In what way is God intellectually inferior? Do you understand all the secrets of the universe? Do you know the number of hairs on my head?

It isn't possible for God to be morally inferior as He created morality.
I'm probably the person next to you.
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Sep 8 2017 11:42 AM
Random Stranger: Apologies for being slow.

" It isn't possible for God to be morally inferior as He created morality.

That s an assumption without evidence, --- but let's say I believe you.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

That is the first thing in the bible where we see God acting as judge and showing his legal sense of morality.

His usual justice would have been to punish the guilty and not the innocent, like any good judge.

What he is doing with that quote is to say that he is willing to accept a bribe or sacrifice and change his usual justice from accepting on ly the punishment of the guilty, to accepting the punishment of the innocent.

If God is your source of morality, and you are to emulate your God as scriptures say you should, would you also accept a bribe or sacrifice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty?

Was it moral for God to accept a bribe or sacrifice to change his usual style of justice?

As to God's intellectual inferiority, I say that because he can never seem to get things right or his way which is a sign of stupidity.

He had a perfect heaven and screwed it up by creating Satan.
He had a good Eden and screwed it up by putting Satan beside Eve.
He screwed up the history between that and the great flood by allowing his sons to use the earth as a brothel, creating the Nephelim, which cause your mora God to use genocide and reboot.

Then he still had to send Jesus to get things back to what God wanted.

Do you see an intelligent God? I do not.

Regards
D:
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Sep 10 2017 1:13 AM
Greatest I am: I don't understand what your verse has to do with bribery and condemning the innocent. Please explain.

Your argument that God is stupid requires that God is not in control of world events, and that you understand the nature of God (why He is doing what He is doing.)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

If God created Jesus before Creation, and Jesus' function is to save humanity, then God knew that man would sin. Why would He still make people? Don't ask me, I don't understand the nature of God.
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Sep 11 2017 3:27 AM
Random Stranger: I don't understand what your verse has to do with bribery and condemning the innocent. Please explain.

I do not see what is hard to understand.

Jesus, in that quote, was being chosen as the sacrifice or bribe to be punished in our stead. Right?

Which leads to this ---

What he is doing with that quote is to say that he is willing to accept a bribe or sacrifice and change his usual justice from accepting on ly the punishment of the guilty, to accepting the punishment of the innocent.

Your argument that God is stupid requires that God is not in control of world events, and that you understand the nature of God (why He is doing what He is doing.)

No. All I need do is look at the results in terms of what scriptures say.

Do you see God as getting his way in heaven and Eden of before the great flood?

If God created Jesus before Creation, and Jesus' function is to save humanity, then God knew that man would sin. Why would He still make people?

Exactly. He would not or at least he would change the recipe for us.

Regards
DL.

Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Sep 13 2017 7:16 AM
Greatest I am: Jesus is still not a "bribe" in this case. A bribe would mean that we had to guartentee God something in order to receive Jesus, which we don't.

o you see God as getting his way in heaven and Eden of before the great flood

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-god/genesis-6/

Exactly. He would not or at least he would change the recipe for us.

So you understand God?
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Sep 17 2017 3:25 AM
Random Stranger: which we don't.

You forget the apostles creed that you must accept.

So you understand God?

I understand that to continue doing the same thing while expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

Don't you?

P.S. Your link is garbage.

Regards
DL
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Sep 21 2017 1:58 AM
Greatest I am: You forget the apostles creed that you must accept.

Nowhere does it say that we MUST accept the apostles creed. Acceptance of Christ does not come really come with any strings attached, thus He is a gift, not a bribe.

I understand that to continue doing the same thing while expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

I repeated the statement because you never gave me a straight answer.

You asserted that you can just look at scripture to see that God wasn't "getting His way," but I provided a link that refuted this.
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Oct 3 2017 9:55 AM
So God got what he wanted out of Eden.

The disobedience of man to where he had to murder A & E by neglect and locking away the tree of life.

Ok.

Regards
DL
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Oct 9 2017 12:59 AM
Greatest I am: This is going in circles. I'm done.
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Oct 9 2017 5:27 AM
Random Stranger: Yes you are when you do not engage honestly.. Thanks for the chat.

Regards
DL
Anonymous
By Anonymous | Dec 22 2017 11:02 PM
Greatest I am: My intention for this debate is to satisfy your question and to thank the Lord.
No, I cannot.
We can think. God cannot.
He is settled.
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
He create
We can have many children. God cannot.
He already have
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not
God loves us, his commandment is for us, "Do not fear""Do what you love"
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
God wounds and heals, He brought global flood for a moment and global food for a long time.
We do not torture babies. God does.
Human torture their own kind , school punishment, abortions, death penalty. There are video of parents hurting their child and child abuse case existed. I don't have any idea how God torture babies.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
Free will and today you can speak against him.
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father
Jesus is God
it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War
Thank you for describing us.
Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?

.. Won't you want that? He commanded me to love you.

If God created Jesus before Creation, and Jesus' function is to save humanity, then God knew that man would sin. Why would He still make people?
God has great plan for the people.

So God got what he wanted out of Eden.

The disobedience of man to where he had to murder A & E by neglect and locking away the tree of life.

Ok.

Regards
DL

Yeah that incident happen, he wants the obedience of men. God created light and darkness, and men got free will choose from it, men choose darkness so he make a way to bring light to them, he put light in dark that's the advantage of dark. A space for light. God create his creatures for his own pleasure probably he created dark for the space for light, to light to rule and for his name to be glorified, He represent himself to be the light. And probably the light is the knowledge that he love you first. By sin you will know that he is there for you :D . I do not have the exact thoughts of God but this is what's on my heart.
Let's help the poor and the needy. Be voice for the voiceless and hope for hopeless
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Jan 4 2018 7:50 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Regards
DL