EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Job's life and the Bible.

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:12 PM
nzlockie: Sorry, it is not my Interpretations, I just said that let the Bible explain . it is clearly seen from the context I've got. I just reading it to you. If that is incorrect then proved it wrong. What are the things you disagree of? You have your OWN interpretations, And I found some that is wrong in understanding. So I disputed it through this thread.

I'll tell you this, there will be no alternative interpretations for the subject matter. The truth should always stick to One interpretations. And that would be the interpretations of the Bible. Not our " OWN INTERPRETATIONS " mate.

Believe it or not, this is just a thread to read about and think about. Nothing personal. Or maybe I moved some of all here conscience. Good sign I guess.
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:14 PM
admin: Radical religions faith are different with Christians faith in the Bible. Believe it or not. Fair enough.
The Old Path
admin
By admin | Mar 13 2015 1:16 PM
olive 2: So you think one cannot interpret the Bible radically? Is that another thing Christians believe?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:25 PM
Blackflag: "The Church of Scientology believes that "Man is basically good, that he is seeking to survive, (and) that his survival depends on himself and his attainment of brotherhood with the universe," as stated in the Creed of the Church of Scientology.[6] "

[6] [Lewis, James R. (Mar 2009). Scientology. Cary, NC: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-533149-3.

FYI, I am disagree with this.

BTW, " Admin, you are just goading with this true scotsman nonsense, right? Sovi, I am not a scotsman ( if that statement is pertaining to me ). Proved my nonsense, if not, the result will vice versa.
Goodluck......

The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:35 PM
admin: " Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. " 2 Peter 1: 19- 20

It is not me that says so.
The Old Path
admin
By admin | Mar 13 2015 1:39 PM
olive 2: Oh alright. So your view is that extreme interpretations of the bible are "prophecy" and thus guided by the Holy Spirit. Got it. ;)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:44 PM
admin: If you know the explanations of the Bible about the word " PROPHECY ", then you got it. The Bible has a lot of explanations about it,

FYI admin, Human understanding about word PROPHECY has a big difference when the Bible speak to be compared.
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:48 PM
olive 2: Now I need your consent, to have another thread about marrying in the Bible. But if you don't want. You are the Developer of this site. No hurt feeling. This one topic to be specific I am referring to.
The Old Path
admin
By admin | Mar 13 2015 1:50 PM
olive 2: The reason why is irrelevant to me though. I only care about the fact you believe that if somebody thinks they need to kill everyone in the name of the Bible, they must be correct. It doesn't even matter that you don't think the Bible says that - so long as its their interpretation of the Bible, the fact you personally disagree is then beside the point. I suppose you must imagine the Westboro Baptist Church to be the most prophetic of them all.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 13 2015 1:50 PM
olive 2: I give you my express consent :)
Let's revive the forums!
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 1:59 PM
admin: Wow, thanks for the express consent!

I am agree with other interpretations if that is the interpretations of the Bible. Then I am obliged to agree though. No more argument. However the other way round.

Are you one of WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH?
The Old Path
admin
By admin | Mar 13 2015 2:03 PM
olive 2: No. In fact I bring it up because I find their arguments particularly strange. I think in the last 20 years or so there's been something of a streak of new-wave conservatism in Christianity. I don't know when, but at some point going through communions and confirmations because super cool. Maybe it's a reaction to pentecostalism or something. But the off shoot of that is that there's now more strange and more hard-line interpretations of the bible than ever before. It's a strange time to be alive.
Let's revive the forums!
olive 2
By olive 2 | Mar 13 2015 2:15 PM
admin: Oh, I just thought?

I will tell you this, but don't be offend, okay?

I know you are not a believer of the Bible. And I understand that. Your wondering about strange and more hard-line-interpretations of the Bible is not just happening as of this present times, it is already existed before. But today it doubled, tripled I guess or more?

I have to tell this, we should back the way it was interpret before. And the way to do that is the Guidance of the Main Author of the Book.
The Old Path
Page: 12Most Recent