EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favorite Music

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 25 2016 8:46 AM
@Stag
All music is expressive, it just depends on whether you like that form.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 25 2016 11:32 AM
Bi0Hazard: Expression has no mind for subjective or objective feelings.

Good music does not come down to a democracy.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 26 2016 1:09 PM
Crow: All music has expression, what makes music expressive is the combination of different sounds. When it comes to what type of music is better, it is subjective. People have different tastes, its not your taste of music being above all the others. Good music comes down to what form of expression a person likes best. If there was an objective standard for good music, I doubt it would favor your music over the rest.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 26 2016 2:37 PM
Bi0Hazard: All music has expression, what makes music expressive is the combination of different sounds.

Expression is synonymous with intention. Spare me the abstract arguments here.

When it comes to what type of music is better, it is subjective.

Everything is subjective. Not everything is based on an equal level of justification.

Meaningful should have greater emphasis than "cool sounding"

If there was an objective standard for good music, I doubt it would favor your music over the rest.

Wont disagree with that.

Popularity is based on a complex system of following. What someone thinks is good is based on a perception of what others might think is good. It is a constant search for validation in tastes, even if by a strong supportive minority. That is why the shitty music you listen to prevails over the good music in which I listen.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Page: 12Most Recent