EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favorite Music

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 10:08 AM
Obviously I like the punk and hardcore. For the record though, not pop punk or poser punk.

What about you guys?
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 24 2016 11:21 AM
Crow: Mostly Hip Hop and Rap.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 11:28 AM
Bi0Hazard: What artists?
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 24 2016 11:35 AM
Crow: Instrumental, rock, and country.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 24 2016 11:42 AM
Crow: Scott and Brendo
Bryce Vine
Wiz Khalifia

and some anime songs like unravel and Kaidoku Funou.

I don't like music as much as most people do, but these are what I like best.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 12:39 PM
Bi0Hazard: Your music sucks. Makes sense why you do not like music.

@Krazy

Those categories are too broad.

What kind of rock? What kind of country? What kind of instrumental?

For example, I like punk rock, folk (country), and jazz (instrumental).
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 24 2016 1:25 PM
Crow: That's your opinion.
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 1:30 PM
Bi0Hazard: It is more than an opinion. There is a justification to go along with it.

The music is self absorbed, meaningless, and does not express a legitimate lingering emotion.

At best it produces a temporary feeling. If we put songs on a scale to see what they could measure up to, Wiz Khalifa would be pretty shit.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 24 2016 1:47 PM
Crow: Those categories are too broad.

What kind of rock? What kind of country? What kind of instrumental?

I dunno. I just like it.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 24 2016 1:54 PM
Crow: It is only an opinion since music being meaningful and expressing a legitimate lingering emotion doesn't make it better. It is subjective rather than objective.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 2:01 PM
Bi0Hazard: It is only an opinion since music being meaningful and expressing a legitimate lingering emotion doesn't make it better.

Yes... it actually does.

Music is fundamentally expressive, and good artists are passionate about things other than making money or the music itself.

Music that conveys a feeling is not as expressive as music which conveys an emotion. In fact, music which only conveys a feeling is self-absorbed shit.

Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 24 2016 2:04 PM
Crow: What if for some people, a song is expressive, but to others, it isn't?
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 9:04 PM
Bi0Hazard: Either something is expressive or it isn't.

There is a difference between music which is hard to understand and music that sucks.
admin
By admin | Jun 24 2016 9:10 PM
For what it's worth, I like:

Melodic Metal (Dragonforce, Amaranthe etc)
Epic classical / "trailer music" (Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine etc)
Other random stuff (ie Te Vaka, Owl City etc)

My musical taste is probably best described by my own compositions, which I listen to probably more than any other artist. For example:

I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 9:23 PM
admin: I like original soundtracks when it comes to movies, video games,and other forms of media.

Incredibly raw powerful instrumentals go well to complement a synonymous idea, but do not stand as well on their own. That is why many songs were an incredible success in movies, but were commercial flops outside the films they were produced for.

Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 9:27 PM
admin: Your piece "Space Voyager" would probably do really well if it paired with one of those old retro role playing games, or as a scene in a movie where an explorer just entered a new and colorful alien world.

My only criticism is the part when there were two symphonic choir sounds that overtook the beat, which just felt really out of place.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 9:32 PM
@admin

I really like the spirit of this composition.

If it were not for a couple technical problems, and a lack of progression in between intervals of the music, this could be a professional piece which people paid money to use.
admin
By admin | Jun 24 2016 9:50 PM
Crow: It's been a long time since I released anything publicly. Certainly my most recent piece that I did let out, which was an orchestral cover for a work by another artist, got a lot more praise than any of these. That being said, the lack of progression was deliberate - the piece was deliberately cyclical to link with the theme. The ending motif was supposed to be something of a surprise, not sure it came out perfectly though.

I guess I have a vivid imagination for music, in that I sorta create the movie in my head when I listen to something. XD
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 24 2016 9:56 PM
admin: I guess I have a vivid imagination for music, in that I sorta create the movie in my head when I listen to something. XD

I do that too with instrumentals. I imagine compositions being used as a montage of scenes in an imaginary film.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 25 2016 8:30 AM
Crow: Either something is expressive or it isn't.
In opinion/taste only, saying a song is objectively expressive or not expressive regardless of what people think is ridiculous.
Thumbs up from:
Page: 12Most Recent