About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

あなたのいずれかが、アニメが好きですか?

< Return to subforum
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 9 2016 11:31 AM
あなたのいずれかがアニメ漫画のようにこのサイトにありますか?
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Apr 9 2016 11:35 AM
Bi0Hazard: Anime no aishite desu. Nani desu ka?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 9 2016 11:39 AM
cooldudebro: それは私が思ったよりも大きな、多分より多くの人々がここで行うです
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 9 2016 2:29 PM
Bi0Hazard: Watashi wa Amerika-jin desu.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 9 2016 2:33 PM
Oh wait: you already speak English. Never mind.
admin
By admin | Apr 9 2016 5:47 PM
Bi0Hazard: Just remember, according to the terms of use ALL posts MUST be in understandable English. Somehow I don't think this qualifies. Sorry. Take this as a warning.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 9 2016 6:30 PM
admin: So, edeb8 has a official language of english? You can translate it. So it is understandable. Just use this: https://translate.google.com/
I will remember not to use another language besides english on here again.
admin
By admin | Apr 9 2016 6:34 PM
Bi0Hazard: No problem. And yes, at present that's the case. The reason is that for me to have to go on Google translate every single time something is posted in another language would be a big job for me!

There's a proposal to allow foreign languages by using an API to auto-translate it, at first in groups and if that works, in the forums and maybe even debates. You can find that on the features+bugs page. It would take some time to implement though, it's not an easy change.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 9 2016 6:36 PM
admin: It doesn't matter anyways, I only speak english. I used a translator to post this. So I will have no need to speak in different languages.
admin
By admin | Apr 9 2016 6:38 PM
Bi0Hazard: XD
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 22 2016 9:47 AM
After reading terms and conditions, I realize this is prohibited:
"While we support free speech in the context of fair and open debate, the following content is strongly prohibited on EDEB8.com:
Content that you do not have the rights to post, such as copyrighted works you did not author
Any content not suitable for minors
Content that would be unlawful in the country of New Zealand
Malicious code designed to interfere or disrupt the site or its functionality in any way, especially code which causes our server to send automated "spam" messages, makes DOS attacks, or which causes our server to consume excessive resources or bandwidth beyond the scope of fair use
Any links to any such code or malware such as viruses or trojans
Content linking to or explaining how to create such malicious code, hacking, or any other illegal activity
Warez, pirated software, cracks or hacks for software, or any links to such materials
Anything obscene or threatening outside of the scope of reasonable public discourse
Content that is primarily for a purpose other than debating and/or for the participation in a healthy online community, such as posting large amount of data as a backup, or trolling others
Anything breaching the privacy of another in accordance with our privacy policy
Content designed to entice users into any external scheme that might appear fraudulent
Content advocating terrorism
Profane language
Content advocating or explaining loopholes in these terms and conditions
Content that may be strongly intimidating, legally defamatory and/or demonstrates bullying-type behaviour
Content that is not in understandable English (reason being that content in other languages is almost impossible to constantly translate and monitor)
The posting of such content puts our site as a whole at serious risk and will be dealt with harshly."

This violates the terms and conditions.
Is English an official language in New Zealand?
admin
By admin | Apr 22 2016 12:23 PM
Bi0Hazard: Yes. I also gave a warning to the member involved earlier in the thread.
Let's revive the forums!
ColeTrain
By ColeTrain | Apr 25 2016 10:11 AM
admin: So, would I get banned for saying "Gracias"?

If so, that's insanity.
"Man is not free unless government is limited" -- Ronald Reagan
Topics: http://tinyurl.com/oh9tm6u
Bifurcations
By Bifurcations | Apr 26 2016 12:10 AM
ColeTrain: Given that there was a whole conversation going on there in different languages and only a warning was offered I highly doubt you would be banned for one word. The point is that if admin can't understand what is going on with users on his site he runs a severe risk of unknowingly having material on here that breaks New Zealand laws in which case it would be him that has to deal with the fall out. It's not that other languages on here are inherently bad it is just not something admin can allow because as he said earlier translation and monitoring would be too difficult.
admin
By admin | Apr 26 2016 2:10 AM
ColeTrain: More or less what @Bifurcations said - I guess I'd only add, the context of the matter would be taken into account. If I feel any post is obstructing my ability to moderate, I mean, what else can I do? If content on the site violates the terms of use, there's a chance edeb8 could be gone for good, and nobody wants that.

The facebook-style "enable a translation engine on groups" solution has been floated on the features page, so upvote that if you want it.
Let's revive the forums!
ColeTrain
By ColeTrain | Apr 26 2016 8:55 AM
Bifurcations: That makes sense. I was just curious. :)
ColeTrain
By ColeTrain | Apr 26 2016 8:55 AM
admin: Fair enough. I was just curious. :)
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Apr 28 2016 8:43 AM
What is one thing that is illegal on the internet in New Zealand but not in the United States?
admin
By admin | Apr 28 2016 4:17 PM
Bi0Hazard: I'm not an expert on internet law, doubly so for what's legal in the USA, but just as an example, NZ has strict laws against things like incitement to suicide and other extreme forms of cyberbullying, which would be probably covered in the US under "freedom of speech".
Let's revive the forums!