EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

New feature: Tagging

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jan 15 2015 3:35 PM
Want somebody to be notified that you posted something?

Edeb8's forum now supports tags. That means you can, for example, use @admin and if I've enabled to tagging notification in my settings (on by default) I'll get a message. As you can see, the actual tag is also turned into a link to my profile.

Note that this will only work on the text of forum posts, for users with no spaces in their name (for now). Am working to add it to status updates etc.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Jan 15 2015 3:49 PM
admin: That's very cool admin.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 15 2015 4:15 PM
@admin that is VERY cool!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 15 2015 11:00 PM
admin: @admin
admin
By admin | Jan 15 2015 11:03 PM
Blackflag: Summoning me once is sufficient. You don't need to use both an at-tag and a reply.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 7:37 AM
@admin
@NZlockie
Can we chain tag people?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 7:37 AM
@admin
admin
By admin | Jan 16 2015 8:17 AM
Blackflag: Are you doing anything different from what you were doing the last time you summoned me? Because I haven't touched the code...
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jan 16 2015 8:18 AM
Blackflag: You should be able to

@admin @Stag!
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 9:01 AM
admin: No
@admin Stag!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 9:01 AM
Blackflag: Okay, but when I typed Stag!, the sign dissipated
admin
By admin | Jan 16 2015 9:03 AM
Blackflag: I swear your computer does the randomest stuff sometimes lol. Like, it isn't even consistent about what "bugs" it produces on the site.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 9:05 AM
admin: The computer usually responds well with everything, but the internet.
admin
By admin | Jan 30 2015 4:12 PM
Now works if you put the @ tag at the end of a post, and also now works for group forums.
Let's revive the forums!