EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

What can we learn from our counterpart?

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 7:28 AM
Let us take a look into DDO's recent presidential election. I'm going to share a collection of posts, and then share a few conclusions that I hope our administration will take to heart. Let us begin. Oh, and please do not post until I share the things after this.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jan 6 2015 7:42 AM
Blackflag: I have started a petition to end the DDO Presidency. 50% of the drama will end once and for all if that office ends. If you're one of those former DDO people, I ask you to help by signing the petition.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 7:44 AM
Critique of Leadership
So, you want an immature and impulsive quitter to represent us to Juggle?
How can you have any faith in that? How can you trust he'll push harder than others would?

He was given the chance, he did not rise up to the challenge, and is quitting.
He is ill-equipped to lead.

If he was a good president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. None of this would have happened. He doesn't need "another chance", considering that he's done nothing to show that he deserves it. He's deserted his post because he couldn't act like he needed to act. That's all there is to it.

Just to be honest, he looks weak and scared.

But to be even more frank, he's a direct reflection of the community that elected him

This is totally wrong. Mikal left because stuff got inconvenient for him and he couldn't handle it. If his presidency really was a ploy to prove how stupid having a president is, then that makes it even worse. His contraversial campain tactics and substandard conduct during the short time that he was president caused a rediculous amount of drama and negatively impacted the site overall.
I cannot think of a single strength mikal has that prooves he would be a worthy president. A worthy member? sure... but not president

It does look like the presidency position has been perverted a bit, looks like mods have been given that power over the prez. That is not good, mods should be enforcing the TOS and protecting juggles liabilities. Not directing the flow of the community or making the TOS.

I'm still checking messages, you illiterate piece of filth. Don't have the courage or faith to believe any of this has to do with you. You are on here as you are in life. A meaningless waste of space, that has no value whatsoever on or off the site. Get rid of the illusion where you actually think your significant, because your not. You have never had value, don't have value now, or never will have value in the future. Accept that and embrace it, because it's your destiny to be nothing -DDO's President.

I'm leaving on June 22nd for 5 years. That's assuming the site is still around by then.

Your are an irresponsible president.

This is why the ONLY question I asked the entire election season was concerning your and bench's hold on your own emotions.

You didn't resign because there was strongly negative public pressure, you didn't resign because you became incapacitated, you didn't resign because your conscience could hold it self anymore. Instead, you "LEFT," because you , because you can't have fun, because you can't handle the drama, and because you are a coward. Those are not the actions of a statesman, those are the actions of immature kid throwing a temper tantrum. A statesman deals with the situation no matter how cruel it is, and leads people through it. You have failed the most basic responsibilities of any leader, instead settling for superficiality.

I don't give it to people like this very often. Your imbecility deserves it. Man f**k up.

you are being extremely petty and immature. I was never a big fan of you as president, but I never wished that you would resign.

The entire OP is a giant pity party in which you attempt to make yourself look like some noble martyr that is stepping down for the good of the site. This is basically your logic:

"omg people dont think i should be winning this debate with bluesteel so im gonna concede to save the site"

"omg people dont think i should be president so im gonna quit"

"omg im not even having fun and thats what being president is all about so im leaving the site"

give me a break; this is all bs and you know it.
if you think the site is really having so many problems, than attempt to fix those problems instead of btching about how people don't like your offensive debates and substandard methods of dealing with controversy

Stop it. Stop diverting blame. You're not Jesus Christ getting crucified - you're someone who, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to act how he usually acts if he did so, ran for the presidency. You knew what the office required, and you didn't respect it. You tried to get by by not giving a f*ck, and everything that occurred occurred directly as a result of your actions.

You ran for office without having what it takes. When you realized you weren't capable to be president, you left. That's all - that's the whole story, so don't try to make it look like anything else. Cry me a river.

I hate to say I told you so, but that's how things go when your first Announcement thread said, "This was going to be a troll thing, but fvck it." Now I went through a lot during the election and I know I've done a few things I shouldn't have. Only if I wasn't baited by someone working for you telling me I had a good chance at winning. Then when I apologized to you for my offenses then you try and bribe me giving me the same jobs I would've had under Bladerunner. I wonder how many other people you tried to bribe. Only to find out on the 20th that Bluesteel is running a Beginer's tourney very similar to the AAN which you said I get to run myself and was going to happen right after Christmas. It also doesn't help that I've had to get death threats over this stupid shot and if it wasn't for Annie and bsh1 I would've blown my fvcking brains out thanks to this. He'll you should've been yourself. Fvck what everyone else says. Be who you really are even if it's unprofessional. It also would've helped if you used different terms than to nuke the religion forum and then say there is only 1 knowledgeable user in that forum. You probably would've taken less heat. Plus when you selected Ima as your VP he even said that he was going to Palin the election and was waiting to be told that he's fired and to be replaced with bluesteal. Not to mention that he uses his show and you bride everyone if you lose bench leaves which made tons of people choose you just on that fact alone. You then pull this cr@p here and try to do a stunt like that. I'm sorry but you've lost all of my respect.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 7:46 AM
I am being rushed on time here, so I'll finish this. Do not worry, I have a proverb that relates to each of these posts.
P.S - Please do not use this thread to carry over election drama. I have some really good lessons I learned from these posts I think would be beneficial.