EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Asking people on other sites to vote on debates

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 31 2014 1:19 PM
What would you think if someone were to go on, let's say DDO, and ask for a judgement on one of the debates on Edeb8?
admin
By admin | Dec 31 2014 2:09 PM
Blackflag: I see no problem with this.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 31 2014 2:17 PM
admin: Well maybe I'm a little biased. I do not think the people on DDO are good judges.
admin
By admin | Dec 31 2014 2:18 PM
Blackflag: I'd not always make that assumption. Whiteflame voted on some debates here once.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 31 2014 2:22 PM
admin: I didn't exactly like his votes, but they are far from the average DDO judgement. The average DDO judgement is "Pro stated this and it was subject to weak rebuttal, therefore Pro wins". Something along those lines.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 1 2015 5:33 PM
admin: Update: In the future, I will add a rule for people who were privately asked to judge a debate not to judge. I think privately asking someone to judge a debate makes them more inclined to judge in your favor. I know, because I shamefully exploited this many times on DDO.
admin
By admin | Jan 1 2015 6:31 PM
Blackflag: I never ask people to judge debates privately anyway, but I don't see why it would be any different if it were done publicly.
Let's revive the forums!
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Jan 1 2015 6:32 PM
admin: I completely agree.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 1 2015 6:35 PM
admin: Because judging is professional. It is the same reason we do not have friends and family on the defendants jury.
I do not have a problem with a friend judging a debate, but when specifically asked too, well that is a problem.