EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Edeb8 Alexa Ranking

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 9 2014 10:52 AM
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/edeb8.com
Apparently our daily page views has went down 55%.
I think it is time we start rebranding the site.

As a side note, almost 50% of our site traffic was a result of the Hezbollah debate. The other 50% was a result of searches about online debate. DDO gets most of its membership by getting each individual debate a place on the front page of google.
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 1:56 PM
Blackflag: Gosh that is inaccurate. Just saying.

First of all, there's public stats on debate views I have at http://www.edeb8.com/stats . The Hezbollah debate hasn't generated 50% of our site traffic or even 5%.

This year edeb8 has had about 15,000 "sessions", and an average of 14.25 pages opened per session, for a total of about quarter of a million views. These have come from about 6700 unique "users" as tracked by Google Analytics for an average of about 2.25 browsing sessions per person - which lines up with the fact that about 55% of our visitors are new to the site. On average people browse for almost exactly 59 minutes.

So basically, everything about the Alexa rank is wrong. The Alexa is an estimate based on users of the Alexa toolbar. My figures come from Google Analytics which tracks everything on the site meticulously by plugging in to the site's code. It's also very hard to fake.

51% of our traffic comes from search (since the start of this year), and the most common debate searched for is the same as the #1 debate on our stats too. 28.7% is direct traffic, mostly to the home page. The rest is social media and links on other websites.

I'm always open to ideas but please take anything Alexa says with a HUGE grain of salt. They are in the business of making every website who isn't their client look bad after all and their methods are HIGHLY inaccurate.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 1:58 PM
admin: Also, 246 users on the site (excluding banned users) makes for a conversion rate of about 3.67% of site visitors becoming users on the site. It's not totally horrific.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!