EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Discuss Debate: The U.N admit Palestine

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 10:52 AM
I think this site could use more discussion. Therefore I, and hopefully others, will post debates daily before including them in the "Great Debate Series".
Discuss debate :D

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 10:54 AM
We should really have a section where we can discuss our opinions on judgements, separate from the actual vote. It would be interesting to see if peoples stances change.
I also think this debate show summarizes why we should have floor questions like I earlier proposed.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:01 AM
What do you guys think of this debate tactic? Summarizing arguments for both sides, but using negative connotations for the arguments in opposition to your personal stance.
admin
By admin | Dec 1 2014 11:07 AM
Blackflag: I don't see how that helps you win unless you are also arguing the side that happens to be your personal stance.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:07 AM
admin: There's a good debater on this site who has used this tactic many times.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:08 AM
Some of these people are really powerful speakers. The British guy reminds me of my original experiences in public speaking. Of course, I wasn't nearly as good.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:12 AM
"Do we really think Israel is waiting to leave the territories? Just waiting? The Palestinians just need to ask politely enough and behave well enough, and that's the key to unlock this?"
admin
By admin | Dec 1 2014 11:14 AM
Blackflag: I can't see how this particular tactic helps them win though, whoever it is.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:15 AM
admin: I think it devalues the arguments before the opposition makes them
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:16 AM
Hell of a opening speech. The British guy on the affirming side deserves some recognition.
admin
By admin | Dec 1 2014 11:40 AM
Blackflag: But then wouldn't the opposition focus on arguments you personally agree with, which usually makes them harder for you to argue against?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 1 2014 11:45 AM
admin: Good point. Maybe the person in question has something to add?