About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

4Chan users on edeb8

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 3:43 AM
" no trolling, no bullying, nothing clearly inappropriate for kids "

admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 3:53 AM
Blackflag: I'm not too concerned with what other sites people use. I'm concerned with how they act here.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 3:56 AM
admin: No matter how many rules you impose, there's always someone waiting to cry about something.
admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 3:57 AM
Blackflag: Crying's allowed. I just have to make sure everybody knows what's expected around here.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 3:59 AM
admin: If you allowed 4chan level bullying and trolling what you'd end up finding is that the userbase actually enjoy their time as they develop thick skin and no one ends up hurting anyone.
admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 4:01 AM
Blackflag: But I don't because the whole "develop thick skin" mentality doesn't work. I know this first hand.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 8 2014 4:03 AM
Blackflag: Disagree. Nobody enjoys being bullied.
If you think that bullying someone does them a favour by building them up then I genuinely feel sorry for you.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:04 AM
admin: when bullying and trolling are 100% allowed, the userbase end up trolling and bullying the members that stand in the way of harmony.

You could even have a ban poll on every member and allow anyone to make alts to ban other users.

Eventually, the users who wanted to stay bad enough would band together and rek the faeces out of the user.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:05 AM
nzlockie: I was bullied and it did it to me. Nothing anyone says gets to me anymore, I either laugh it off or humiliate them with something wittier.

If you let what people say get to you, you will end up a crushed, moulded individual that society raped into conformity.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 8 2014 4:14 AM
Blackflag: Mate that does not surprise me.
People who think that abuse is the way to help others are almost always abused themselves.

When you grow up I hope you see the error of your ways. In the meantime, understand that THIS community doesn't work that way. Sorry if you think that makes us weak, it's not your responsibility to make us strong. If you can't play nice then don't play here.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 8 2014 4:21 AM
admin: I disagree. The recklessness displayed by 4chan users probably make them immune to almost anything on the interwebs including trolling bullying.

4chan is the real DARK SIDE of the Internet if there is such a thing.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:23 AM
nzlockie: As long as you're cool being the sitting due forever.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:23 AM
Blackflag: *dude
admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 4:25 AM
Darth Vitiosus: That's what they like to tell themselves. I think you could agree too though, that if you're not thick-skinned already, you probably wouldn't go there. 4chan obviously isn't the entirity of the dark side but I get your point.

Look, as a victim of serious bullying when I was younger, I have very little sympathy for the argument it should be allowed to happen here. Sorry.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:27 AM
admin: Don't you get it Mr. Dobberton-King?

This website is the place where you can troll-ban any bully of your past. It is a place where you can be the god.

no-one can troll,y bully or harass you but they can all make each other suffer.

admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 4:30 AM
Blackflag: Since you can't even spell my name right, I'm not very convinced by this argument either. :P

I don't care about my past - I'm trying to help people have a great debate experience online. This is not a social site with debate latched on like 4chan is a social site with image sharing latched on. This is a debate site with social features latched on. And none of those things are cool in a debate. Furthermore, they're not good in and of themselves.
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 8 2014 4:32 AM
admin: I don't think any one in their right state of mind frequents 4chan often. I don't think there are too many websites that can get worse than 4chan. I am actually twitching from re-imagining some images from there right now(no I am not kidding).

I don't think trolling or bullying should happen here either. I was just disagreeing the "thick skin mentality" comment. A disagreement or argument on a Youtube page or even on here, pales in any comparison to anything 4chan dishes out. One becomes immune to certain things on the Internet once they venture there.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 8 2014 4:32 AM
admin: I suppose you have to be a sadist in the first place to come out tougher form bullying.

You probably were never the kind to end up like me.
admin
By admin | Oct 8 2014 4:35 AM
Blackflag: Start your own site and go there if that's what you want.
Let's revive the forums!