EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Changing "Votes" to "Decisions"

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 27 2014 3:42 AM
I know admin has touched up on this subject, but I feel calling them "votes" is a bad message. Properly, a debate is judged and not "voted" on. That spreads this culture of opinion, and opinion doesn't have a place in debate. Whereas "decision", "judging", ect., all give a feeling of analysis.

Just food for thought.
admin
By admin | Sep 27 2014 3:44 AM
Blackflag: Agreed. This is why I call it a "judgement" basically everywhere on the site.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 27 2014 3:45 AM
admin: My big issue is how the site calls them votes, even when you try your hardest to refer to them as "judgements"
admin
By admin | Sep 27 2014 3:45 AM
admin: I also considered "ballot" and "decision" as alternatives if I remember correctly. I think the problem with "decisions" is that the verb form "decide this debate" can send the wrong message too.

#minorgrammerdebates
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Sep 27 2014 3:46 AM
Blackflag: Where does it do that? I must have forgotten to call it a judgement somewhere if I'm reading this right.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 27 2014 3:50 AM
admin: Just look at the sidebar on your profile page. Votes cast, vote rating, ect.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 27 2014 3:50 AM
admin: Good point. I like Judgements.
admin
By admin | Sep 27 2014 3:51 AM
Blackflag: Oh, sorry about that. Will fix later today. Was probably just lazily written like that to not take too much space.
Let's revive the forums!