EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

OFFICIAL BUG THREAD

< Return to subforum
Page: 12345613Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 8:57 AM
Blackflag: I've tested this feature pretty extensively. The only time I've found this to be the case is when I've typed it on one browser ( eg IE) and then reopened it in a different one. (Eg Chrome)

Invariably, when I reopen it in the original browser, it's back again.

I should add that this symptom doesn't happen all the time either.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 24 2014 8:57 AM
nzlockie: That's not the case here.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 24 2014 9:03 AM
Blackflag: It WAS a team debate. I was proud of the 8 paragraphs it deleted, so this really sucks.
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 12:41 PM
Blackflag: Yeah, not seeing anything that looks like your draft on this server either. Could plausibly be a connection issue or a code issue. Worth testing though.

Can you please type something as a test, leave it sitting there for a minute or so, and then close it? I can give you extra time if you like.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 1:31 PM
admin: I signed into his argument and typed something. It saved as per normal.

Unless he copied and pasted his argument from an outside source, and then exited really fast, I can't see how it's happened.

I have a different bug(?) - since I've joined his team and the debate, I sort of expected it would show up in my debates list, but it hasn't. Is that a bug or the way it's designed?
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 1:32 PM
nzlockie: Only people "involved with the debate" will have it show up.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 2:29 PM
admin: What does "involved" mean? I'm part of the team doing the debating, I can log in and edit the excellent argument we're crafting - does that constitute "involved"?
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 2:30 PM
nzlockie: http://www.edeb8.com/blog/Team+Debate+%5C%22Involvement%5C%22
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 2:32 PM
admin: Oh wicked! That looks like a really good way of handling it.

Obviously since this debate is only one round it'll just be the one member from each team submitting. Very cool though.
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 2:35 PM
nzlockie: Yeah - I was considering not allowing you to post if you're not involved, but then I thought it's better like this.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 2:43 PM
Quick little unimportant bug - I just got a notification saying it was my turn to post in a debate when in reality the debate had just entered prep time.
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 2:47 PM
nzlockie: Can you link me which debate it was?
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 2:49 PM
admin: Sure: http://www.edeb8.com/debate/That+the+Queen+of+England+should+resign%5Cn/

admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 2:56 PM
nzlockie: Did you also get a prep time notification or was it just a turn to post notification?
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 3:02 PM
admin: Just a turn to post notification.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 24 2014 10:04 PM
admin: So NZlockie can't help on this debate?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 10:19 PM
Blackflag: I can help, I just can't submit an argument. In future team debates, you want to set it up so each member takes a separate round.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 24 2014 10:22 PM
Also, you'll be happy to know, I wrote a bunch of text in there and despite it saving, it disappeared a few hours later. You're not crazy, there some sort of bug in there...
admin
By admin | Sep 24 2014 11:44 PM
nzlockie: Weirdly, I can see a saved draft here (of sorts...) just have requested to join the team so I can check for myself.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 5:54 AM
nzlockie: OK, this is important: was the below what you saved?

The Issue: A lack of Meaningful Dialogue
There isn't many places you can turn to for internet debating. Besides a couple of prominent online sites like edeb8.com and debate.org, many people have no where to turn to release their debating "addiction". If they do find our great community, they are left leaving after their first debates, or after no activity whatsoever. Why do these people come to our site and join? What makes them activate to a debating site? I think it is clear. People have a passion for discussion and dialogue, debating a hot issue can be exciting, and many people are drawn to that kind of excitement.

They work hard on their debates. Forging not only a body of text, but a work of art. A meaningful connection is formed, and it is beyond a mere civil argument, but a sad fate awaits this masterpiece. Eventually, the debate will fade. When voting ends, and comments cease, like a fine drug, the debate will be sucked for all it's worth. Can anything really last forever? Is anything really worth lasting forever? I say no, but there is some truth in the fact that debates aren't being taken for their full value.
[ THIS LINE HAS BEEN INSERTED FOR TESTING.... PLEASE DO NOT DELETE. ]
Often the only people who can fully appreciate a work of art, are those who created and analyzed the work to it
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12345678910111213Most Recent