EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

World Online Debate Cup

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
admin
By admin | Aug 23 2014 8:40 PM
nzlockie: Got to agree with you there. When I get back home I'll vote on the debate properly, although it won't be counted for the tournament at least I'll give it a proper read-through.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Aug 24 2014 2:20 AM
admin: Even though that vote was a favor to me, I thought that it's simplicity was not enough; I'm pretty sure nzlockie was very determined to win that debate.
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Aug 24 2014 9:54 AM
18Karl: I was. I fully realised I was taking the least popular side, but I geniunely thought I'd made a strong enough case both for the fact that Britain owns it now and for the fact that it should remain in British hands.
Assuming I lost, I'd have loved a little more explanation from him.

This is exactly why I reckon we need to convene a judging panel for next year.
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Aug 29 2014 5:45 AM
nzlockie: sorry yo man. i'll try to vote better next time.
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Sep 6 2014 2:00 PM
We're up to the penultimate main round of the WODC title!

bsh1 (DDO) currently leads the field with 3 points, but is narrowly chased by Ajabi (DDO), 9spaceking (DDO) and Krit (Edeb8). 9spaceking and Ajabi have agreed to a draw in R4 which will put them on 3 points also. At this point it is almost certain that bsh1 will make the final, having a perfect score and rising every round in the standings. ArcTImes (DDO) and nzlockie (Edeb8) are long shots, but they are not completely out of the competition either with each having (slim) chances of making second place in the last two rounds. Those in the top two places advance to the grand final.

Round 5, the final round, will see an nzlockie vs ArcTImes rematch, an Rebekah (Edeb8) vs cooldudebro (Edeb8) rematch, bsh1 vs 9spaceking and Ajabi vs Krit. Correct odds picking with our awesome odds picker (which you can still participate in!) has been quite consistently 50% in all debates that were not draws, which is pretty much as good as tossing a coin. The odds box has some graphs at the bottom if you haven't noticed already for you to see how well you did in each round.

Ba'al Hamon (Edeb8) finishes the tournament with two byes after a series of concessions - they will still end the tournament on 2 points despite not winning any debates, meaning the bottom 4 debaters (all drop outs) will be certain to be from ddo. Nevertheless DDO is still presently overall in the lead for the championship - but that shift alone will easily be enough to lose them their top place. Much ultimately depends on the outcomes of the remaining matches, particularly the nzlockie vs ArcTImes conflicts.

ArcTlmes has won against Rebekah, won by concession against jh1234l (DDO), and lost to bsh1. 63% of pundits on the odds favor them to win. nzlockie has won by concession against CJKAllstar (DDO), and agreed to a draw with Krit in a rematch debate they had, but lost to Krit in their first encounter after what may justifiably be called the single most biased vote in the tournament (as the lowest-rated vote on the entire edeb8 site). nzlockie is certainly very much the underdog but will be hungry for the win, with the straw poll placing him as second most likely to win the tournament overall.

Krit and 9spaceking will no doubt struggle against bsh1, but Ajabi vs Krit will be another interesting debate to watch in round 5.

Also, remember to keep nominating good votes for the voter of the tournament!

As always, you can see the current standings, match ups, rules, odds, nominations etc at http://www.edeb8.com/tournament
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Sep 20 2014 3:27 PM
Updated the table for the second to last time.

Come on Krit / nzlockie! Good finals chances for both of you! Interestingly enough, you're both evenly placed until the third tiebreak. It all comes down to this final round!
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 20 2014 7:02 PM
admin: Huh? I've already done five rounds!

CJK
Krit
Krit (bye)
Arc
Arc
admin
By admin | Sep 20 2014 7:03 PM
nzlockie: Oh, forgot you've already won your second debate with Arc.

Carry on then. :D
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Sep 21 2014 6:33 AM
admin: Oh my, that reminds me--I'm tied against Bsh1 right now! *Biting my teeth*
I have a question, if I tie against Bsh1 in that debate, and Ajabi loses his debate, then will I make it to finals?
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Sep 21 2014 6:35 AM
9spaceking: I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Sep 21 2014 6:44 AM
admin: The big problem is that, even if I make it to the finals, versing Ajabi would be death to me, and facing Bsh1 again....I doubt I can create two miracles of tying, assuming that this debate is tied. *knaws at rope of hopelessness*
Master of awesomeness
Page: 123456Most Recent