EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

World Online Debate Cup

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jul 7 2014 11:50 AM
Good news - we now have a fourth site after all. Naqeshny.com is a bit like CreateDebate but they let you have 1v1 debates. Plus we get to debate some Arabic debaters which is cool.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 3:24 PM
admin: I did? Oh, I didn't mean to do that! Do you think you could fix it so I'm debating for edeb8?

What do you mean by "not all who signed up may end up being allowed to enter the tournament"?

Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Jul 7 2014 3:26 PM
Pinkie: I mean that numbers may be limited due to webcam availability and making it fair for all involved who might come from webcam-only debate sites. So far I'm hopeful all can be included, however.

You are now down as debating for edeb8. :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 3:28 PM
admin: Okay, I hope it works out.

Great thanks! Lol, I would not sign up for DDO don't worry Lars.
admin
By admin | Jul 7 2014 4:49 PM
Just doing one of my customary bumps to put this on top.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:15 PM
admin: Bump.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:15 PM
admin: Bump.
admin
By admin | Jul 9 2014 4:26 AM
Bumping this right back to the top :D
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 9 2014 7:36 AM
Can't wait. Hoping to get a easier debate site, as I'm not in the mood for serious debating like I was when I signed up
admin
By admin | Jul 9 2014 8:03 AM
Blackflag: It's power-paired, so you'll get debaters who are doing approximately as well in the tournament so far as you.
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Jul 12 2014 2:27 PM
just wondering: um, couldn't a troll like imabench (not that he'd join this thing with his business and all that) create a seemingly-serious looking debate, then start using troll arguments...? That would be tough for the contender, especially in the beginning of the tournament with not-so-good debaters easily falling into those kinds of traps and unable to counter any troll arguments without going off-topic or stating strong serious points that support the actual argument.
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Jul 12 2014 4:38 PM
9spaceking: I suppose such a strategy would be technically feasible, but probably not a wise idea as the tournament progresses. Seems like something that would work for only, like, 1 round.
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Jul 13 2014 11:00 AM
admin: true, I guess
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Jul 18 2014 1:54 AM
Apologies to those of you who may have just received several emails confirming your entry. I noticed the bug shortly after I ran the code and have now fixed it. It won't happen during the tournament.

IF YOU SIGNED UP BUT YOUR ENTRY WAS NOT CONFIRMED could you please get in touch with me ASAP. I think everyone should have been confirmed but I want to make sure.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 19 2014 11:02 AM
The tournament has begun
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 19 2014 3:09 PM
admin: Indeed it has.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 19 2014 4:11 PM
Dassault Papillon: Edeb8 FTW!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 19 2014 4:25 PM
"Hottest titles ever won in online debating." lol
admin
By admin | Jul 19 2014 4:26 PM
Dassault Papillon: Well, online debating has never had that many hot titles
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Jul 19 2014 11:15 PM
and the first debate is finished! Who will win? Who will lose? Odds stay in my favor as ChosenWolff votes and it's 3:1, with me in the lead!
Master of awesomeness
Page: 123456Most Recent