EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

World Online Debate Cup

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Jul 5 2014 4:03 AM
admin: I must of misread. I thought there would be a limited number of non-webcam debates. This was what I was looking at: "Note: we may have a limited number of non-webcam entries available on a first-come, first-serve basis."
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 5 2014 7:50 AM
Tophatdoc: I got the same impression.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 5 2014 7:50 AM
Tophatdoc: I got the same impression.
admin
By admin | Jul 5 2014 12:32 PM
nzlockie: Is there a better way I can phrase this?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 6 2014 12:46 AM
admin: Well, I'd assumed that the reason for the video thing was largely because of meevsu, which only supports video.
It begs the question of what happens of the final is done on the meevsu site... I'd have thought EVERY contestant should have to commit to being prepared to debate via text or video as required.
I liked your final bit, about being able to debate via webcam was the only way to guarantee a spot.
Maybe it would have clearer had you included something along the lines of, "Although the majority of debates will be text based... "

Out of interest, if I'm hosting a "home" match here, do I get to set the parameters? Ie, number of characters, video vs text vs quick debate, etc etc?
Are there any limitations?

How many edeb8rs do we have?
admin
By admin | Jul 6 2014 1:13 AM
nzlockie: Other than me, we have 3 edeb8rs in the tournament, which is a pretty good showing so far (Krit, ApostolicWolff and you).

The rules for determining where the final happens will need to be changed anyway since a fourth site is looking pretty likely.

Both debaters need to agree on the parameters (though the debate must finish within the time allowed for the round - this being the only limitation) and resolution. If they can't, both can agree to let me work it out for them (I'll just use a standard debate set-up and a random topic), or I'll just do it for them if their arguing goes on longer than a week.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jul 6 2014 1:50 AM
admin: I will fight for edeb8!

Edeb8 Uber Alles!
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 6 2014 10:04 AM
Wow, this looks super exciting!
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 7:55 AM
admin: When it says, "Would you be willing/able to debate via webcam?" Does it mean live webcam debates? Do you actually have to record a debate with a webcam?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 7:56 AM
admin: When it says, "Would you be willing/able to debate via webcam?" Does it mean live webcam debates? Do you actually have to record a debate with a webcam?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 7 2014 8:36 AM
Pinkie: I'd assumed it meant a recorded round.
Admin says that most debates will still probably be text though. You just won't be able make the rounds 1 month apart...
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:38 AM
nzlockie: Lol, I know that. It's all good.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:38 AM
nzlockie: Thanks though, that helps.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 7 2014 8:39 AM
Pinkie: So did you sign up?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:41 AM
nzlockie: I might. I'm going to have a problem with figuring rezes though. Should I?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 7 2014 8:44 AM
Pinkie: Yes you should. I plan to just steal resolutions from edeb8's pool.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:45 AM
Yo Admin! Do we hit anyone from Edeb8 or just Meevsu and DDOers?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:49 AM
Is there a list of the people who signed up?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 8:52 AM
Yo Admin! Do we hit anyone from Edeb8 or just Meevsu and DDOers?
admin
By admin | Jul 7 2014 9:29 AM
Pinkie: Well since you signed up for DDO... ;)

Yeah, everybody basically is put into the same tab . There's a good chance of facing people from the same site.

A list of sign ups is a bit misleading because not all who signed up may end up being allowed to enter the tournament.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 123456Most Recent