EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

OFFICIAL FEATURE REQUEST THREAD

< Return to subforum
Page: 1111213141516Most Recent
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 8:24 AM
Blackflag: Yes
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 8:24 AM
admin: Because I think the pro winning by default is one of the silliest things about the judging system.
deleted user
By deleted user | Dec 22 2014 11:49 AM
The ability to choose the category of a secret topic debate.
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 12:21 PM
deleted user: That's being worked on already :D
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 30 2014 7:55 AM
I know admin believes every feature on this site should have a purpose. DDO's big issues section stirred up a lot of debates. Can we mimic it, without exactly copying it?
admin
By admin | Dec 30 2014 3:07 PM
Blackflag: Two things:

1) What qualifies as a "big issue"?
2) What do you mean by this:

mimic it, without exactly copying it
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 30 2014 3:28 PM
admin: 1) Largely important, contentious, and debated issues of today. I can make you a list, but I wont bother if you are not open to the idea.
2) Create something like it, without exactly ripping it off.
admin
By admin | Dec 30 2014 3:29 PM
Blackflag: 1) I'm open to it
2) You're going to have to be more specific than that
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 30 2014 3:30 PM
admin: I do not know how to specify it further
admin
By admin | Dec 30 2014 3:32 PM
Blackflag: Well then maybe I don't know what you're looking for exactly. Sounds like a very broad kind of idea at this stage.

There's no reason why we couldn't rip it off and maybe make it better somehow. Just not sure how.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 30 2014 3:39 PM
admin: Should I make the list here?
admin
By admin | Dec 30 2014 3:40 PM
Blackflag: Sure. Definitely put it somewhere where people other than me can discuss it too.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 16 2015 9:07 AM
@admin - I think it would be cool to have a debate queue. For example, when my current debate ends, I would like the next one to automatically create itself.
admin
By admin | Jan 17 2015 8:27 AM
Blackflag: There's merit to this idea. I'm trying to think how I would implement it in a way that's not overwhelming for new members. Am thinking about that.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 17 2015 10:00 AM
Okay, here is another feature request. A stickied forum which you record all the bug fixes and new features you do.
I would love to see that, instead of waiting for one mass blog every couple months.
admin
By admin | Jan 17 2015 11:12 AM
Blackflag: Generally my status updates fulfill that purpose. Plus occasional links I find interesting.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 31 2015 8:20 AM
So cool idea I got from sevenths profile. What if the most recent status updates would integrate into the signature?
admin
By admin | Jan 31 2015 8:32 AM
Blackflag: Cool idea indeed. Will look into that.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Feb 2 2015 4:03 AM
admin: Okay, here is a proposal. If a user is blocked, allow them to see posts, but let them be barred from replying to them.
admin
By admin | Feb 6 2015 9:41 PM
Blackflag: That would make it too easy to get around. They would just tag the person who blocked them instead of doing a proper reply.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12345678910111213141516Most Recent