EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

OFFICIAL FEATURE REQUEST THREAD

< Return to subforum
Page: 1234516Most Recent
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 5:06 PM
admin: A new request. This site needs a new members welcome forum....

1. Users come here, and leave after having no idea what to do next

2. I plan on reffering a lot of members, and premise 1 still implies

3, Its a good platform to explain the basics as new people join
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 5:09 PM
Priest of Swag: Tophatdoc was working on a new member guide at some point (not sure if he is still).

Currently the page immediately after confirming one's email account invites new members to go to the community forum and say hi. Not sure if it needs its own dedicated thread or if people can just make their own. Personally I favor more, shorter threads with fewer posts. Also means each new member has their own personal space to ask questions and such, and makes it clearer for the rest of us when a new member has arrived.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 23 2014 6:43 PM
It would be pretty cool if this site had a point system. And you could bet them and what not. IDK what for, extra debating tools? Just brainstorming. Buy fonts and what not.

Seriously though, just brain storming
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 24 2014 4:22 PM
1) Team creators should be able to control and manage members on said team

2) There should be 8 person limit per team.

3) The number of team members should not influence the number of rounds (3 members may want to take on 4 rounds)
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 7:59 AM
On the homepage, where the "needs to be judged" tab is the debates you've already judged should not come up.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 10 2014 2:23 PM
Please make there be a way to end cross examination early. Once all the questions are answered, it's one long waiting blur.
admin
By admin | Jul 10 2014 4:47 PM
Blackflag: nzlockie thought about this at one point. The issue is that both debaters would need to agree to end cross examination. Also you have to stop one side from spamming the other with requests to end it early. So basically it's complicated.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 10 2014 4:47 PM
Pinkie: Good idea (although this will make that tab look really empty for me)
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 10 2014 5:05 PM
admin: *18 minutes later* ... done
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 10 2014 6:07 PM
admin: Same here. :P
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 10 2014 6:08 PM
admin: Awesome!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 10 2014 7:01 PM
admin: Can you do a 2 vote thing? Or each debater can press a button, and once it hits two, the round advances. That seems like a easy feature.
admin
By admin | Jul 10 2014 8:14 PM
Blackflag: Not really, especially when you consider there might be more than 2 participants in a debate. Teams would also complicate things a bit.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 11 2014 8:31 PM
Give debate instigators the option to edit their debates after creating them.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 2 2014 4:02 PM
Instead of blue make the edeb8 background purple. It's royal!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 2 2014 4:11 PM
Pinkie: I wanted to change my username to "Rebekah - Official Boundary Pusher" but it's too long. :( Can you make the max 34 characters? :/
Pinkie
Pinkie: :
Pinkie
Pinkie: :-
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 8 2014 8:18 AM
Make random debate topics rated by default
admin
By admin | Aug 8 2014 8:32 AM
Blackflag: I asked about this when I first made the feature. Apparently people wanted a mix of rated and unrated.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12345678910111213141516Most Recent