EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

OFFICIAL FEATURE REQUEST THREAD

< Return to subforum
Page: 123416Most Recent
admin
By admin | May 21 2014 10:33 AM
Will also be stickied shortly.

Want to see something new on edeb8? Post it here!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 21 2014 10:37 AM
admin: I want to see mandatory one phase RFD's as a default. In addition, the debate creator could omit forced RFD's, and allow people to vote for simply who won
admin
By admin | May 21 2014 10:41 AM
Priest of Swag: How exactly would you define "one phrase"? Like, 50 characters, say?

Also, just reminding myself that you also wanted the ability to indent the start of your paragraphs.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 21 2014 10:53 AM
admin: There are two categories. Improve your vote, and make your vote even better. Something like that. The first box should be required
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 21 2014 10:53 AM
Oh, and yes. I want the ability to indent paragraphs.
Jifpop09
By Jifpop09 | May 21 2014 11:30 AM
admin: I request a feature that makes multi accounting with the same email impossible
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 21 2014 11:57 AM
Jifpop09: Impostor. Delete this account Lars
admin
By admin | May 21 2014 5:27 PM
Priest of Swag: "There are two categories." - again, I'm going to have to get you to be way more specific. What are the exact required limits for these boxes?
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 3:38 PM
Draft topics should be saved on the computer and site. That way, you can reopen a draft anywhere.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 3:38 PM
Draft topics should be saved on the computer and site. That way, you can reopen a draft anywhere.
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 3:57 PM
Priest of Swag: They are saved on the site, so you can reopen from anywhere. I used to use saving to the browser but found it ineffective. Saving to a file is easy enough with copy and paste.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 3:58 PM
admin: So they are a cookie?
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 3:59 PM
Priest of Swag: No. They are saved on the database in mysql.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 4:00 PM
admin: If I use a program like`Inprivate or Icognito, then the data wont be erased? Correct?
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 4:03 PM
Priest of Swag: Correct, only way for the data to not send is if my code has a bug or if your browser blocks ajax post requests for some reason (but then you won't get a draft saved successfully message).
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 4:05 PM
admin: Would is still be possible for a quick save to computer option? I would certainly enjoy it.

BTW, the reason I ask all these questions, is because I switch computers often.
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 4:09 PM
Priest of Swag: Do you also envisage a quick load from computer option or how would you handle that side of things?
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 4:12 PM
admin: You mean a button that uploads the file back to the debate creator? Sounds good. I was just talking about backing up your files as a last resort. I don't think you need a uploader. Copy and paste works fine.

Its not a necessity of course, but it is a nice convenience for debaters to have.
admin
By admin | May 22 2014 4:15 PM
Priest of Swag: I mean, I'd like to think that the web-based system works fine. It's working fine for the individual debates but you've found all kinds of bugs with team debates. Which is great BTW because team stuff is important to me. But I'll look into it as an option.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 22 2014 4:20 PM
admin: I think its the thing that most differentiates you from debate.org
Page: 12345678910111213141516Most Recent