EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Navajo, Cherokee, and Huron nations

< Return to subforum
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 19 2014 3:23 PM
I was just curious, how come tribal state legislatures don't have any say in government? How come they are restricted from owning diplomatic consulates? I'm not saying we should give the Navajo National Legislature any real power, but maybe a vote or two. Take the BIA for example. They approve all laws for tribal nations, except they don't have a vote within the BIA decision making process.

I also wonder why the constitution recognizes them as sovereign. The Federal Government approves all laws set by these "sovereign nations". In actuality, they are in free association, like FSM, Palau, and the Marshall Islands. How come these nations are truly independent, even though they are given the same status as native nations. We control those countries military and commercial affairs, as part of our terms.

So, if those three countries are considered nations, how come nobody recognizes the bigger tribal legislatures as sovereign, but the United States. At one point, I think Navajo Nation wanted to make ties with Mexico. Does the BIA allow them to set up a consulate or something. Just wondering.