EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

New Forfeit rule (feedback wanted)

< Return to subforum
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 6 2014 1:54 PM
You know those stupid "debates" that just lurk around for ages... no not the fish related ones, I mean the ones where, for what ever reason one or both sides end up forfeiting every round. Don't they suck?

I'm proposing a new rule whereby if BOTH sides forfeit the SAME round, the debate is concluded and moves straight on to the judging stage.

Admin says it's no problem to code it, but we just need to see if this would be ok by everyone on the site.

http://www.edeb8.com/debate/That+vegetarianism+is+morally+good%5Cn/
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 6 2014 1:56 PM
nzlockie: Oops, cut myself off!

The link above is what we're trying to stop. These debates are pointless and end up just clogging up the front page of the site and looking bad to all the people who come in and look around.

Under the new ruling, if you miss a round, that's fine, you can still come back and have another crack, (for what it's worth) but if your opponent also skips that round, then all arguments stay as they were, the debate concludes and moves straight to judging. Which is where it would most likely end up in several weeks anyway with no significant change other than several rounds of "Extend all arguments".

Feedback?
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Apr 7 2014 12:46 PM
nzlockie: Agreed. I like that idea.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 10 2014 8:31 AM
BUMP.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 13 2014 11:58 AM
nzlockie: I like that rule too.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Apr 13 2014 3:36 PM
OK, put down on my todo list!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:19 PM
admin: Did you do it?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:19 PM
admin: Did you do it?
admin
By admin | Jul 7 2014 6:22 PM
Pinkie: Yip, ages ago.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:24 PM
admin: K good.