EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Team Debate Format Request

< Return to subforum
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 19 2014 6:53 AM
As most of the people on this site know I am a policy debater. I'm currently throwing together a team debate case for the future, but I just realized that the format of the current team debates isn't what I am used to or 100% usable for the future of my team debates on this site. I will propose a suggestion to fix this. In Stoa we do team policy debate and the speeches are constructed like this (constructives are where new arguments can be brought up, and rebuttals are where you can only rebut arguments brought up in the constructives and bring up voting issues :(

1st Affirmative Constructive (Case)
1st Negative Constructive (On and off case arguments)
2nd Affirmative Constructive (Arguments)
2nd Negative Constructive (Off case disadvantages)
1st Negative Rebuttal (Rebuttals)
1st Affirmative Rebuttal
2nd Negative Rebuttal (Rebuttals and voting issues)
2nd Affirmative Rebuttal

See how the affirmative starts and ends? I would like to ask for a second style of team debates called, "The Epic Rebekah Style" be implemented so I could do debating as seen above.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Mar 19 2014 10:49 AM
Pinkie: If you swap aff/neg in the third round that's exactly the same structure as a 3-round debate with replies.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 19 2014 11:02 AM
admin: Really? That sounds great. Wow, I didn't even need to write a proposal then. :P
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 19 2014 11:19 AM
Pinkie: I know who you are teaming with.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
Nerd Politico
By Nerd Politico | Mar 19 2014 11:30 AM
Pinkie: Why don't we just shorten "The Epic Rebekah Style" to "Lincoln Douglas"?
admin
By admin | Mar 19 2014 12:13 PM
One caveat - you'll need 3 people on your team to do that. Should be OK though, there is no requirement for all 3 to actually debate, just to be on the team.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 12:08 PM
Nerd Politico: Because it's not Lincoln Douglas. =.=