EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

A time for updates

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2014 3:37 PM
Just to let everyone know, the next big update to EDEB8 will be in the evening of the 17th New Zealand time. Expect things to go slightly wrong then sometimes. I'll let you know when the updates are implemented and checked. Shouldn't last too long at all.

Some big new features:
> Saving drafts to my database rather than your local storage - means that you can see the same draft each time you log in regardless of what machine you're on, and your drafts don't get wiped if you clear your browsing data
> Team debate round edits are broadcast to other team members in real time, meaning you can collaboratively work on a debate round like a google doc or etherpad
> Auto forfeits are kept off the main page "Recent Debate" section
> New science forum
> Important bug fix for external emails
> Descriptions for all items on the "create debate" page as tooltips
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2014 3:40 PM
Real time collaboration is the one I'm most excited to be able to show, although of course it'll only happen with team debates...
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2014 3:41 PM
Oh yeah, and I forgot one:

> Forum threads where the last post in the thread is older than 3 months will be locked, meaning no new posts or replies will be allowed.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 14 2014 4:02 PM
admin: Sounds good. We really have to get a team debate going after this!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 15 2014 1:32 PM
Hey do you have to have more than one member in a group to be able to start a thread?
I just had two attempts at starting a thread in the God Squad and both times the screen shows no threads!

The almighty powers that be are smiting my threads!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 15 2014 1:34 PM
nzlockie: Just tested it again with chrome - same result.
admin
By admin | Mar 15 2014 2:55 PM
nzlockie: Shouldn't have anything to do with that. Let me investigate...
Let's revive the forums!
TheCP
By TheCP | Mar 17 2014 9:43 AM
Let us know when the update goes up!

I see no science forum yet so I'm assuming they haven't been fully implemented.
http://www.conservativepolitico.org/
admin
By admin | Mar 17 2014 12:49 PM
TheCP: Most of the updates are now up. The team debate change and draft saving change encountered a few unexpected snags, though, and will need further testing.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 17 2014 1:10 PM
admin: Did you look at why I can create a thread in my group? I just checked it and it still wasn't working.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 17 2014 1:11 PM
nzlockie: *can't
admin
By admin | Mar 17 2014 1:15 PM
nzlockie: Oh wait, yes I did, forgot to upload it. Just uploaded it. Can you do a quick test for me now?
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 17 2014 2:15 PM
admin: Tested, confirm fixed. Love your work.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 22 2014 10:33 AM
nzlockie: Tested, confirm fixed, good job guys.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.