Updates in progress

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Feb 23 2018 9:50 AM
New updates are here:
> Made various edits to the site theme
> Fixed a bug with some links on debates
> Decommissioned the old tournaments page
> Improved character counting when pasting from Word (still not perfect yet though!) Remember it's always better to use site formatting tools for this reason, or do very minimal formatting in Word.

Related debates will soon be updated to a new API based on Faroo (as opposed to Bing, which has now decided to not allow free queries on their API anymore and was causing site slowness as a result).

Tomorrow I'm also going to be unveiling a slight redesign for the site header for the first time in 2 years ... I'm testing it overnight. Hopefully people like it :)

During any period when the site is going through updates, you may need to be a bit patient with the site and expect the occasional error - that's normal, because things are changing around and I'm not perfect. I will do what I can, however, to minimize disruption.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 24 2018 11:41 PM
admin: Ok people of Edeb8 ... tell me if your headers are all messed up now.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 25 2018 7:55 AM
Looks great on the phone!
Love the fact I can jump straight to my notifications now. The other way was quite convoluted.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 26 2018 4:32 PM
@admin you mentioned doing something with the character count right?
On my PC and on my Phone, it shows the character count as "NaN remaining" regardless of how many are actually remaining.

Just FYI.
admin
By admin | Feb 26 2018 8:02 PM
nzlockie: Oh, shoot. Sorry about that. Will check that asap.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 26 2018 8:11 PM
nzlockie: Tell me if it's better now when you get a chance? Pretty please?

I'm also tracking a bug with group forums ... once that's done I consider this particular update to be finished.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 27 2018 12:36 PM
admin: Looks like it's fixed!
admin
By admin | Feb 27 2018 1:13 PM
nzlockie: Awesome, thanks :)
Let's revive the forums!