EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

"Last Post" Feature

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 20 2017 8:12 AM
Currently in the "Religion&Philosophy" sub-forum the thread that was "bumped" most recently by a post is the one titled "The unnecessary complexity of the bible". Hence, in the main forum menu page, it shows that in the Religion&Philosophy sub-forum the "Last Post" was made in this thread.
Edeb8, as is commonly understood, has a low daily rate of activity in the forums. As such, one might assume that the most recently posted-in thread was the only thread of that sub-forum that has seen recent activity. I, for one, usually don't usually bother to click on the sub-forum page, and there are probably a lot of people like me in this respect.
In the Religion&Philosophy sub-forum, the second most recently posted-in thread is titled "Paul's strange conversion and illogical actions". It saw forum activity as recently as 6 hours ago, so it should count as an active thread. But that thread won't be shown on the "Last Post" in the main forum menu, so a lot of users here might not even know that the thread exists.

If the "Last Post" feature is eliminated, every user will be forced to click on the sub-forum page, upon which they'll see the second and third most recently posted in threads along with the first, boosting activity.
That's just my theory, of course. Discuss.
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2017 11:05 AM
Dassault Papillon: I have a site update scheduled for tomorrow, as it happens. So discuss this fast, members!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!