EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Since we have a few new users recently...

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jun 16 2017 8:36 PM
What's one thing about edeb8 you wish people used more?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
David
By David | Jun 18 2017 1:36 PM
admin: Debates and forums. The forums are rather dead and the debates are mostly debates that are computer generated.
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2017 1:39 PM
David: How do people feel about those? I've never been too sure about the computer generated debates personally. Speaking of which, I haven't updated the random topic list in a while lol. Need to do that.

Funnily enough the areas you mention already ARE the most active things the site.

PS I think the login issue is with a dated version of Hybridauth - will upgrade that soon.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
David
By David | Jun 18 2017 1:41 PM
admin: The problem with the computer generated debates, at least from my POV, is the fact that it generates the same debates over and over again. It almost feels like spam.

While the forums are by far the most active part, it has mostly been the same people posting. There are a few active threads at the top and the rest are autolocked.

I think removing the autolock feature might be a good idea. It makes the forums look dead having so many threads that are locked.
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2017 1:50 PM
David: Note to users: you can thumbs-up David's post here if you agree :)
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!