EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Server Outage

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2016 8:48 PM
Hey -

Many of you will be familiar with a recent unplanned server outage that took place.

I hope it hasn't seriously affected anyone's debates - if it has contact a moderator and we'll sort it out for you ASAP.

As you know, edeb8 is run voluntarily and does not derive an income. We do not have ads, we don't sell your info - there's a patreon but presently no contributors. So we don't have our own infastructure - we rent some space on a third party server. I also take occasional backups on my laptop. If the server has issues then there's little we can do except pester the host to put it right. And our host is generally pretty good at that kinda stuff, though they need to coordinate with a datacenter in America too for reasons.

Outages like that are scary for me too! It's a rare occurrence in the years I've been on this site but it can happen. So hopefully that explains it a bit :)

Happy debating :D
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Dec 12 2016 6:47 AM
admin: I don't know about it.
So, edeb8 would count as a non-profit organization?
admin
By admin | Dec 16 2016 4:18 PM
Bi0Hazard: Yes it would
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!