EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Sharing thing

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Aug 23 2016 12:05 AM
I'm currently trialing just using the ShareThis plugin for the social buttons on all debates. Old style sharing buttons are at the top still of the forums and everything else.

I realize 99% of people don't really care haha, but sharing content is important both for edeb8's exposure and search rankings. Currently we have some buttons that are functional, to a point, but keep breaking, slow the page down considerably, and aren't attractively presented. ShareThis specializes in that kinda stuff. We already use sharethis at the bottom of completed debates - this adds them to the top of all debates also.

The main reason NOT to use ShareThis is that they ARE an advertising company and they do track people on the internet. Obviously we want to keep edeb8 totally ad-free and I'm wary about having trackers on our pages. So yeah, just figured I'd throw all this out there and invite comment. :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!