EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Live chat debates

< Return to subforum
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 22 2016 7:47 AM
There is stuff on this site I still don't know about, but I am pretty sure we don't have this.
I was thinking it would be great to have live chat debates on this site. Where it is like a shoutbox but it is a debate. Like debating in cross exam.
It is basically a live chatroom you debate in and it may last for a certain amount of time or ended by both debaters clicking "end debate".
It is like a conversation argument.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 22 2016 7:55 AM
@admin
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Aug 22 2016 11:44 AM
Bi0Hazard: @Zer0 @admin

I would love a live video debate
admin
By admin | Aug 22 2016 12:10 PM
Bi0Hazard: It's kinda outside our niche since it's not very formal.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 22 2016 12:11 PM
cooldudebro: It's possible, but judging / recording them isn't unfortunately. The trouble is paying for a server to do the recording.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 22 2016 1:00 PM
I wanted debates that supported philosophical debating.

Which would be primarily cross examination followed by rounds to come to conclusions.

That would of been cool. One topic like humanism. Positions develop as questions are asked, and then there were two rounds for making the case based on the information presented in the questioning.

Those were really the best kind of debates in existence.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Aug 22 2016 1:08 PM
admin: How much would it cost?
admin
By admin | Aug 22 2016 1:12 PM
cooldudebro: Roughly $15ish a month
Let's revive the forums!
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Aug 22 2016 1:14 PM
admin: If I get some money, I'll see what I can do.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 22 2016 2:10 PM
cooldudebro: I would love a live video debate
This is different. I am talking about a live text chat debate, not a live video debate.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 22 2016 2:13 PM
admin: I consider it to be formal. That is how debates are sometimes considered to be.
admin
By admin | Aug 22 2016 2:24 PM
Bi0Hazard: I think it's safe to say every major renown debate union disagrees with you that debate is just a discussion of opposing viewpoints. Debating can be elitist like that when it's competitive.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 22 2016 2:41 PM
admin: Putting out opposing arguments and responses by chatting live can certainly be competitive. It is simply one way of debating.
fire_wings
By fire_wings | Aug 25 2016 11:59 PM
Good idea. Though you can just debate in live messages, you can go into someone's profile, and if online, you can message each other in live.
I am Fire_wings
admin
By admin | Aug 26 2016 12:50 AM
fire_wings: Very true.
Let's revive the forums!
fire_wings
By fire_wings | Aug 26 2016 2:05 AM
admin: Let's revive the forums
I am Fire_wings
admin
By admin | Aug 26 2016 2:13 AM
fire_wings: You're on a roll with good ideas today :)
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 26 2016 5:42 AM
fire_wings: Though you can just debate in live messages, you can go into someone's profile, and if online, you can message each other in live.
Yeah, but it can't be judged. A live chat debate would have a title(topic) and all of it would be visible as a debate and judged.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 26 2016 5:44 AM
fire_wings: That is like saying you can debate by messaging people so there is no need for text debates on here.