EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Another update

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2016 5:05 PM
1. The social authentication system used by edeb8 - which has honestly been the same since the site was launched - was upgraded to the latest version.
2. Tournaments now support 3 different notifications - when a tournament is cancelled, completed, or a new round is started. All three are on by default, and you can turn them off in your settings.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
fire_wings
By fire_wings | Jul 26 2016 10:53 PM
admin: Can you only make tournaments? Us users can't make any tournaments, right? Also why are some forums closed just because they past 3 months? To prevent necroposting?
I am Fire_wings
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2016 11:17 PM
fire_wings: Sure you can. Anyone can make a tournament. Just go here: http://www.edeb8.com/debatetournament/new

Early on, site users requested forum threads should become locked after 3 months of inactivity. I don't remember the reason but necroposting seems likely.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
fire_wings
By fire_wings | Jul 27 2016 12:14 AM
admin: Oh.
I am Fire_wings