EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Feature Release

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jul 20 2016 5:55 AM
Crow: I really don't understand why monks debating is out of place, but college students debating is not.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jul 20 2016 6:20 AM
admin: For one, it isn't clear that they are having a public forum of sorts.

Universally people are going to fail to make the connection between a bunch of robed monks skulking around in a temple, with debating.

The homepage should really focus on having a clear and concise message.It is what people see coming off google searches.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Jul 20 2016 11:10 AM
Crow: Don't assume your prejudices are universal. In many countries, formal debate isn't even in schools or colleges.

The homepage's message used to be more clear and concise, and you complained about it.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jul 20 2016 11:14 AM
admin: The current homepage is more clear and concise.

The unclear part are those damn monks, and obviously that random skyline.
Crow
By Crow | Jul 20 2016 11:15 AM
Also it isn't prejudice.

99.9% of people are not going to recognize that those monks are having an informal debate. It looks like they are just chilling out doing monk things, and who even knows what monks actually do? We are human beings, not monkologists.
admin
By admin | Jul 20 2016 11:58 AM
Crow: Who says 99% of people can't be prejudiced?

It's not informal. It's very formal. Anyone familiar with Buddhism or international debate would recognize the scene.

I would say almost as many people live in countries where Buddhism is active, than live in countries where formal debate as academic sport is particularly active.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jul 21 2016 6:37 AM
admin: Who says 99% of people can't be prejudiced?

You are using the word prejudice out of context.

If you want to send a coherent message, then use some goddamn common sense.
Page: 12Most Recent