EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Edeb8 FAQ

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jun 2 2016 9:17 AM
What sort of things get frequently asked around here? If you're a newer member, what would be useful for you in an FAQ?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:17 PM
admin: No one asks questions really.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Jun 2 2016 1:34 PM
Crow: How many times have you heard somebody ask, for example "why can't I change my profile picture?"
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:36 PM
admin: I have discovered that most FAQ's don't even do frequently assked questions. They just answer any question that is sent officially to their development team.

The thing you can do with the FAQ is keep adding to it as you go. You could just start it now, even with only one answered question, and just add to it as new questions are asked.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:37 PM
admin: By individual cases, I have heard it three times including myself.
admin
By admin | Jun 2 2016 1:38 PM
Crow: That's more or less the point long-term, I just felt like it would be good to hit the ground running.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:39 PM
admin: There should definitely be some FAQ answers about the judging system
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:40 PM
@admin

A FAQ answer about leader reply rounds. I have been asked what those were several times.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:42 PM
@admin

You could also fabricate some questions, because there are some things people cannot ask about, simply because they were unaware of their existence. For example, a question and answer about how to customize elements of the profile.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 2 2016 1:43 PM
That's all I got. I bet you could find tons of FAQ entries by looking through the Edeb8.com subforum.
admin
By admin | Jun 2 2016 1:50 PM
Crow: Fair point.
Let's revive the forums!