EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Changes to email notifications

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 6:05 PM
Thanks to a recent change, email notifications will now send about 500% faster, albeit at the cost of a slight delay in sending the messages of up to a few minutes (but hopefully for most cases it will be barely noticeable). This should make things like commenting and sending friend requests etc much more fast compared to before.

Of course this has the potential to go horribly wrong and it's difficult for me to test every single notification that can be generated by the site, because there's over 100 lol, and sometimes various circumstances might affect it. So PLEASE let me know if you find you're not getting all the notifications you're supposed to! :)

BTW, here's a rarely used feature of edeb8 you might not know about. Can't be bothered sifting through the issues to find a topic you care to debate? Here's a super fast and quick way to get a random topic! :D
http://www.edeb8.com/random-debate-topic
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 6:06 PM
admin: BTW, 3 small recent bug fixes:

> "Start drafting your next post" no longer appears in CX during video debates
> Improved appearance of text debate toolbar when header borders are enabled
> Home page message icon now shows correctly for users without profile pictures

More to come soon.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 8:59 PM
admin: admin ignore this post everyone
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 9:04 PM
admin: @admin keep ignoring, still running some tests
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 9:09 PM
admin: @admin blah blah blah
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 9:52 PM
admin: @admin still testing
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 9:53 PM
admin: @admin and again
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 9:55 PM
admin: @admin and again...
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 7 2016 10:34 PM
Had to do a lot of tests there to catch a few very tough bugs! While I was at it I fixed a few bugs to do with the recent friend activity feed on the home page too, and brought back at symbols before tags on the forums.
Let's revive the forums!