EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

New Badges

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Feb 19 2016 7:01 PM
Check them out:

Birthday Badge This badge is for everyone who logs in to edeb8 on their birthday! This badge also requires your birthday to be actually set on the site.

Christmas Badge This badge is for everyone who logs in to edeb8 on the 25th of December!

Patreon Badge For anyone who helps sponsor edeb8 to add cool new features to the site via the Patreon platform.

Books Badge For anyone who has contributed 5 or more resources to our super resources section.

Laurel Badge For winners of the Edeb8 member awards from this year onwards. Best debater and best community member both get the same awesome badge.

Trophy Badge Another rare badge. This is for winners of the "Edeb8 Cup" tournament, which will happen at some point soon and be continuous, so when one tournament ends the next one starts.

Accredited Judge Badge Somebody who has done a worthy judgement on a judging test debate. This badge is awarded by me directly (or another person running a judging test whom I nominate). In addition, to attempt to accredit, a judge requires a judge score of at least 75%, and have completed at least 3 3-point-or-higher judgments. It adds an additional point to each of your judgments.

Other Improvements

A few site updates launched today:

Resources you contribute are now listed on your profile page.
New forum threads have preview buttons.
Posting a thread redirects to that thread automatically.
You can now start drafting your next round during CX.

Reminder
The features and bugs section often has new suggestions you should vote on, so check it regularly.
Also let me know there if stuff is screwing up somewhere or you'd like a new feature. I'm doing a lot of stuff right now on speeding up parts of the site and also adding LD debating in.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 19 2016 8:11 PM
admin: Also, while I was at it, I just fixed that random bug with 4-way debates that's cropped up recently on the site a few times.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Feb 21 2016 8:42 AM
These are some good badges.
lannan13
By lannan13 | Feb 21 2016 1:25 PM
Some cool badges.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th