EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Did the mobile format change?

< Return to subforum
Silver Crow
By Silver Crow | Apr 19 2015 11:21 PM
If so I'm Fing leaving this site. I hate when DDO did it but this is way worse it touched with debates and forums.
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 11:26 PM
Silver Crow: Yes it did, and calm down.

Google changed the way they rank sites. If we hadn't made this change, we would have been thrown off the search results.

I'm working on two things tonight:
1) creating an alternate version for people like you who preferred the old mobile layout of edeb8. This will probably be on a marginally different domain (I'm thinking m.edeb8.com or something) and let you view the site on mobiles exactly as before.
2) making the site look as acceptable as possible on mobiles under the current format while still maintaining a responsive layout

Again, no need to panic or swear. Remain calm and civil :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 11:31 PM
Silver Crow: While I'm at it, it would be useful to know what annoys you about the current mobile layout haha. Give me stuff to work on :D
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Silver Crow
By Silver Crow | Apr 20 2015 12:37 AM
admin: Let me see it sucks! It is meant for PC then they just made it upside-down. I can't even ex my notifications. I'd rather use Bing then deal with this.
Thumbs up from:
Silver Crow
By Silver Crow | Apr 20 2015 12:42 AM
admin: I can't even see anything on my own profile!!!
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 12:47 AM
Silver Crow: Noted about the profile/notifications, though if you calmed down things would go a lot simpler... not sure what you mean by "upside-down" or "they" haha?

Things should be good again soon, I'm actively working on it right now.
Let's revive the forums!
Silver Crow
By Silver Crow | Apr 20 2015 12:53 AM
admin: Good. I'm making a DDO account now. I'm not calm cause I used DDO's new horrible format to win a debate on Edeb8 vs DDO but guess what? This sucks more!
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 12:56 AM
Silver Crow: Or, y'know, you could wait a few hours for me to fix up the format / make the subdomain. Seriously, I mean, I'm doing this for free, for you. Giving you the option to have it like it used to be as well. Is Juggle doing that? Didn't think so.

Your choice though.
Let's revive the forums!
Silver Crow
By Silver Crow | Apr 20 2015 1:28 AM
admin: Fine. I'll wait.
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 1:31 AM
Silver Crow: As an aside, http://m.edeb8.com/ is now live if you want to see the site more or less how it looked before on mobile :)
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 1:47 AM
As an aside, the thread number of this thread is the same as the year of the Norman invasion of England haha. Big milestone!
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 20 2015 6:59 AM
Silver Crow, you are acting kind of immature. It would be one thing if admin wasn't listening and trying to fix your problem.