EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Fundraising

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 5:55 PM
A few people indicated in the community survey @Sovi put up that they'd like to see edeb8 take donations, and a couple of new features.

What I'd like to know is what people would actually donate towards. The running costs of the site are low enough, and it would probably be wise to put money towards things that I'm not that experienced in programming-wise so we can pay others to implement those things.

Thoughts?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 10:35 PM
admin: The following people expressed this sentiment in that thread: @1harderthanyouthink @ButterCatx @Sovi (ie everyone who answered the survey haha)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 12:43 AM
admin: Are you using html or java? Because I will be learning Java next year and I might be able to help.
"I am not wise, I am a joker" - Floki
"A warrior does not show his heart until the axe reveals it." - Floki
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 12:45 AM
ButterCatx: Edeb8 runs on PHP, which generates HTML. Though I'm happy for any help haha. :D
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 12:50 AM
admin: I'm a beginner programmer so I don't html
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 12:51 AM
ButterCatx: You'll improve one day for sure :D
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 2:18 AM
admin: Yeah, I currently know C and I'm learning Java. If you want someone to help around the site or help moderate I'll do it.
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 2:40 AM
ButterCatx: C's not an easy language, especially for memory management and such. I wish computer courses would teach C++ lol, it's a way better language.

I've always felt like Java isn't very well suited to anything, it's a bit of a "jack of all trades" language I guess haha.
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 2:42 AM
admin: I know a version of c called robotc which I use to program a robot for competitions, it's based on c++ .
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 2:46 AM
ButterCatx: Why wouldn't you just use c++ then? It's got objects. Makes it way better.

Also, I don't have the slightest notion why courses don't teach javascript either. THAT would be a useful teaching language.
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 3:03 AM
admin: c++ doesn't work with our robot's "brain" we have to use robotc, next year we will be using javascript though
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 3:04 AM
ButterCatx: I thought you said you'd be doing Java? It's like the opposite of Javascript haha. Well, if you're doing both then good on the faculty I guess.
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 3:06 AM
admin: Idk, right now which one I'm taking java next year, but we might be using javascript on our robot because the people in charge of FIRST robotics wants us to.
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 6:29 AM
ButterCatx: Woo hoo!
Let's revive the forums!
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 6:57 AM
admin: Have you heard of FIRST robotics, if not I suggest looking it up because it's awesome.
Go to first.org

Yeah, go programming!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 20 2015 7:46 AM
admin: Advertisements
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 9:40 AM
Blackflag: Advertisements will just clutter the site and it wont look as good. I think that donations/sponsored debates would be more useful.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 20 2015 9:44 AM
ButterCatx: Advertisements for other sites
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Apr 20 2015 9:59 AM
Blackflag: What do you mean? Advertisements on other sites about edeb8, or Advertisements on edeb8 about other sites?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 20 2015 10:12 AM
ButterCatx: The former
Page: 12Most Recent