EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

A general reminder about this forum

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 3:57 PM
I know abortion is an important issue and all, but can we in future keep this subforum dedicated to the site, and use the SOCIETY subforum for stuff like that?

That is all.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 19 2015 4:06 PM
admin: Or eradicate the society subforum and confine it to groups
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 19 2015 4:10 PM
admin: Can you not move the thread to the appropriate forum yourself? You should be able to do that.
The Supreme Court needs to explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under one law but not under any others.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 19 2015 4:13 PM
Chuz Life: That's what I was thinking as well. Usually if someone creates a topic on the wrong forum a moderator makes a post indicating that the forum has been moved to its correct place.
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 5:21 PM
Chuz Life: I:
1) can't be bothered
2) don't actually care that much

It's honestly ok, just a reminder for next time I guess
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 4:14 AM
admin: 1) can't be bothered
2) don't actually care that much

As you are the only admin / mod for this site. . . this is not a good sign.
The Supreme Court needs to explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under one law but not under any others.
Voice
By Voice | Apr 20 2015 4:22 AM
Chuz Life: Where have I seen your Profile picture before?
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 4:29 AM
Chuz Life: I mean, seriously, does this actually matter so much to anyone at all? If it's just a few isolated cases than executing a database query just for this is simply not worth it lol. Carry on with all your discussions :)

If it became a pattern or something, that's when I'd move threads. Right now I'm more concerned about fixes to mobile layouts and such. Priorities.
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 4:31 AM
Voice: Chuz Life: Where have I seen your Profile picture before?

https://www.facebook.com/ChuzLife/likes
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 4:35 AM
admin: No. It doesn't matter that much in the great scheme of things. And Yes. I do understand priorities.

I simply sensed fatigue and frustration and those are not good signs this early on with the construction of a (reasonably) new site.

You would be wise to take on some help.

If you don't actually NEED it now, at least they will have some experience for later on when you do need more help.
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 4:44 AM
Chuz Life: I've always been happy to take on help BTW, experienced site members just routinely tell me we don't need another mod and newer members routinely tell me we do. It's a weird thing. I'd love more help though.

But yeah, no fatigue here, just a focus on different stuff. In fact I've long said that anybody else is welcome to the code or whatever. I never have written code for "moderator" tools so I do all that on the database end, so that rules out most potential mods anyway. But I'm definitely open.
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 4:52 AM
admin: Chuz Life: I've always been happy to take on help BTW, experienced site members just routinely tell me we don't need another mod and newer members routinely tell me we do. It's a weird thing. I'd love more help though.

I don't know much about code myself. I have been a mod and an admin on a site of my own so I do know some of what you are up against.

I don't like seeing this site (already) starting to go down the same path as DDO and others - where it becomes all about the popularity of the members and the 'elite' and less and less about the issues and the information being debated.

admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 4:55 AM
Chuz Life: I don't like seeing this site (already) starting to go down the same path as DDO and others - where it becomes all about the popularity of the members and the 'elite' and less and less about the issues and the information being debated.

I don't want that either :D What would you do to avoid it?
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 5:03 AM
admin: It's like any other responsibility role. You have to set the standards and enforce them. You have to reward the things you feel benefit the site and discourage the things that run counter to your goals. It starts with keeping a clean house though and that's what gave me some concern about you not having the time or interest in moving a thread to its more appropriate place.
admin
By admin | Apr 20 2015 6:24 AM
Chuz Life: Somehow having the odd thread not being in the right place being a slippery slope to elitism seems taking the slippery slope argument a bit too far I think haha.
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 20 2015 5:56 PM
admin: I'm just telling it like I see it. Like I always do.