EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Your opinion on George Tiller ?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 30 2015 3:19 AM
admin: I was not trying to make the case that Killing (murdering) George Tiller was justified given the circumstances and the way in which he was killed.

However, your comments make me wonder about what your opinion of the Abolitionist "John Brown" might be.

Would you consider him to be a hero? Or a villain / terrorist?

The Supreme Court needs to explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under one law but not under any others.
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 30 2015 3:20 AM
Chuz Life: Link: http://www.history.com/topics/john-brown
The Supreme Court needs to explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under one law but not under any others.
admin
By admin | Apr 30 2015 4:15 AM
Chuz Life: Villain. Pretty clear.

Heck, I'd be lynched if I ever went to America, I'm a military abolitionist in favor of strong gun restrictions, abolishing the death penalty, and nobody killing anyone no matter how evil you think they are.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 30 2015 4:19 AM
admin: You didn't answer my question.

John Brown. . .

Villain / terrorist or Hero?
admin
By admin | Apr 30 2015 4:24 AM
Chuz Life: Yes I did. I said villain. Definitely not hero, probably terrorist.

I then explained why. He killed some people because they believed differently to him, and incited others to do the same.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Chuz Life
By Chuz Life | Apr 30 2015 5:04 AM
admin: I see that now.

Was it only because others "believed" different from him? Or was it maybe more than only that?
admin
By admin | Apr 30 2015 5:08 AM
Chuz Life: Like, what are you suggesting it was? Them acting on their moral beliefs? If so, what else did you expect them to do?

Its like, if somebody kills somebody, is it moral to kill that person in retaliation? Death penalty type question. And it comes down to - just because they believe it's ok to kill somebody, doesn't mean you should believe it too. Everyone deserves that respect even if they do not show it themselves. And that's just a moral belief I hold, because I'm strongly opposed to killing, violence etc.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent