EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Your opinion on debate.org ? rant

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Apr 19 2015 12:01 PM
Blackflag: So because I told you to ban someone for actions on another site, I'm a troll?

If it's policy to give people a fresh chance here, I have no problem with that. But if you think this makes me a childest troll that's truly saddening, because I'm advising you how to make your life easier and the site better.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 19 2015 12:08 PM
1harderthanyouthink: Hi Mate.
To be honest, I understand where Sovi is coming from here. Unfortunately you are bearing the load of a reaction based not just on YOUR specific warning this time, but on LOTS of identical warnings this site has received over the past year or so. Not too mention the countless times this site and the people on it have been mocked, dismissed and ridiculed by various members of DDO.

Now I want to be clear on this - it is NOT RIGHT that you be the vent for any frustration felt. I'm sorry for this.

I hope that you can be sensitive enough to understand that, well intentioned as your caution is - and with the greatest politeness; Edeb8 does not need advice on potentially bad members.
We have met them before; some have reformed, some never really had anything to reform from and some have proved to be trolls over here as well, and have been kicked off, with relatively little fuss.
In all cases, we were surprisingly able to handle it ourselves.

Finally, I thank you for the good intentions of your warning. It'd be great if you could recognise the fact that this community exists and is not going anywhere. We are very happy with our site. We're happy with our membership and our community. We're especially happy with our Admin and trust in his ability to steer this ship in the way we all want to go.
We're not trying to be DDO over here. Stuff that goes on on DDO holds very little interest or relevance to us - this is a different site. People here are judged on how they behave here.

I appreciate the concern you appear to be showing for us. It'd be great if you could direct that concern into defending on DDO our right to do our thing over here. Considering that both sites were originally started for people who love debate, it seems a bit silly to me that so many of DDO would seem to be wanting us to fail... is the internet not big enough? Are we somehow threatening? Is it so unbelievable to people that Edeb8 might just genuinely meet the needs of some people?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 19 2015 12:12 PM
because I'm advising you how to make your life easier and the site better.

If it makes you feel better, you're not the first person to make this mistake.
It's good life practice to actually spend time in a culture before you start to suggest improvements. Coming into a community and immediately dishing out advice on how to fix things and make them better is pretty much never going to be received well.
RXR.
By RXR. | Apr 19 2015 2:04 PM
1harderthanyouthink: It's time to lurk back to the hell-hole you call DDO. Where sensitive people like you and air-max ban people for childish reasons. Was i a troll in DDO ? Yes, i was but i only did it for comedic reasons and not ''harrasment'' that airmax claims. I messaged airmax 10 times that i have closed all my troll and alt accounts but he never responded, because he knows im right. Anyways back to you, if i was really trolling on edeb8.com than i would have been banned sooner and i don't think people like you should be saying who get's banned or not. That is admins job. Now crawl back to the corner and think about your life.

#airmaxworstmoderater2015
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Apr 19 2015 2:06 PM
RXR.: Your conduct was extremely detrimental to the site - you derailed debates, called people out, and made multi-accounts. You made multis AFTER Max closed the ones before.
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Apr 19 2015 2:10 PM
I messaged airmax 10 times that i have closed all my troll and alt accounts but he never responded, because he knows im right

http://www.debate.org/drakethejewishlawyerr/

Not closed by RXR, closed by Max.
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Apr 19 2015 2:10 PM
Gah I'm not used to the site mechanics.
RXR.
By RXR. | Apr 19 2015 2:17 PM
1harderthanyouthink: It's time to get out of the past. And by the way, max knows he is wrong because he never responds to my emails. Because he is in fact a lazy can. And i made multis to piss him off for banning my main account which didnt break any rules. Airmax is such an idiot, he considers my jokes as ''harrassment''. I don't know what he is smoking but he needs to pass some of that stuff to me. You see, air max is a humorless oaf. End of discussion. And should be fired for not answering my customer support emails.

#airmaxnowconsidersjokesasharrassment2015
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 3:47 PM
RXR.: Now crawl back to the corner and think about your life.

Just a friendly reminder that if I'd just told Sovi not to engage in ad hom attacks over petty stuff like this, then you probably shouldn't be doing it either. Be nice and respectful.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 3:48 PM
1harderthanyouthink: Tip: Uncheck the "enable auto-quoting" box if you want to paste text without putting quote tags around it :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 19 2015 3:50 PM
1harderthanyouthink: In other points - what do you honestly think this will achieve at this stage? You've made the point - I believe you, even. The guy was terrible on DDO. In the sake of keeping everyone civil and happy, we can probably leave it at that, right? :D
Let's revive the forums!
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Apr 19 2015 3:57 PM
RXR.: Max doesn't make an email public.
Voice
By Voice | Apr 20 2015 1:40 AM
Blackflag: This RXR guy is hilarious. He should do well here; I think all of us will like him. (And by the way, please watch the insulting of the DDO people; I am on there too, and there are some real respectable people that have, unfortunately, not come here yet. And 1harder is a good guy; don't get all up on him, he just does not really like unserious people like RXR can be).
RXR.
By RXR. | Apr 20 2015 5:26 AM
1harderthanyouthink: Ok, then who did i recieve the email from? white jesus ? Black Jesus? Easter Bunny ? santa claus ? buddha ?
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Voice
By Voice | Apr 20 2015 5:34 AM
Well, he was hilarious... until he came back a few minutes ago...
Thumbs up from:
Page: 12Most Recent