EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Forum layout change

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Mar 18 2015 9:07 PM
Thoughts people?
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 18 2015 9:42 PM
admin: We need to be a debate-centric website. Leave the forums of "Edeb8," "Community," "Other."
Create a new forum called "Debate Discussion."
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 18 2015 9:44 PM
admin: BTW, this is kind of like the weird version of edeb8 I saw on my other computer. It was mostly a redesign of buttons that made them look sharper and less chunky. .
admin
By admin | Mar 18 2015 10:42 PM
Blackflag: Do you REALLY need to bring this up every time I mention anything related to the forums?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 18 2015 10:42 PM
Blackflag: So I take it you like this change and want to see me change the buttons more as well, or... ?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 19 2015 3:27 AM
admin: Yes, because you REALLY need to make this change.

Sovi: So I take it you like this change and want to see me change the buttons more as well, or... ?
Yes. There was also a boxed up arrow on the chat box right below the scroll bar.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 19 2015 4:16 AM
There is also a crucial need to include an edit button for posts.
admin
By admin | Mar 19 2015 8:29 AM
Blackflag: The reason I've never done this is because it would make moderation really hard. Hard to moderate content somebody has edited anyway. Particularly on a forum where people are going at each other.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 19 2015 9:32 AM
admin: Most forums lock an edit after 3 or so hour . They also keep a history of changes for moderation to look at.
Another plus would be the ability to edit content which is poor.
TowerOfBabel
By TowerOfBabel | Mar 20 2015 3:45 PM
admin: What are the changes you are imagining?
A unique website for thinkers ---> http://www.dailyfreethinker.com/
admin
By admin | Mar 20 2015 3:48 PM
TowerOfBabel: They're changes I've already made :) This thread was more directed at people who'd seen what it looked like before.

Basically it looked pretty much like group forums do now, if you're interested. Welcome, BTW, if I haven't seen you around.
Let's revive the forums!
TowerOfBabel
By TowerOfBabel | Mar 20 2015 3:49 PM
admin: Literally just signed up tonight so thanks for the welcome!
A unique website for thinkers ---> http://www.dailyfreethinker.com/