EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

FLAGS!

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Dec 4 2014 10:00 PM
Now that I've got nzlockie's attention...

This is my dad's attempt at making a New Zealand flag. Thoughts? How does it compare to... say... my preferred silver fern flag to you?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Dec 5 2014 7:09 AM
admin: I think this is OK. I'm not a fan of the silver fern being used on our flag, is too hard to draw. I like the southern cross, although it's a shame THIS one has been redesigned so much. I prefer to keep our current configuration.

I like the two koru, and I like that they are simple and that there's two of them. I don't like the colors, they won't translate to real life very well. The Green will look washed out against the sky and the black will fade quickly. I also think red and blue should feature.
Finally it reminds me too much of nz cricket. Bleh.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 5 2014 8:23 AM
admin: It's to complex, but I like how it looks. It combines three New Zealand flags together. I would definitely use a different level of blue though.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 5 2014 8:27 AM
NZlockies right. Mixing black with other colors (besides white/silver) causes a bad effect when looking at it flying.
I would either complement it with a darker blue, or use a lighter shade of black. Flags are usually designed to color specifications.

This flag definitely has more meaning than New Zealands current generic flag.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Dec 5 2014 12:08 PM
Blackflag:
This flag definitely has more meaning than New Zealands current generic flag.

Could you hear me bristling at this comment?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Dec 5 2014 12:10 PM
Blackflag: Also you better watch it, I'm only a few hours drive from you right now... Don't think I won't come up there!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 5 2014 12:50 PM
nzlockie: Even if you were at the tip of Kentucky, Louisville, the drive would still be about 6-7 hours.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Dec 5 2014 1:17 PM
Blackflag: Nah I'll be in Kentucky tomorrow, tonight I'm in Chicago.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 5 2014 2:29 PM
nzlockie: I'm going back to Chicago in a couple of months. Of course the end destination is Minneapolis.