EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

USA Presidential Election Thread

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Kohai
By Kohai | Nov 8 2016 2:21 AM
Today is officially Election Day in the USA (FINALLY).

Who do you think will win? Who do you want to win?

Assistant Edeb8 Mod. PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns!
admin
By admin | Nov 8 2016 3:24 AM
Kohai: I suspect the winner will be that candidate who nobody likes. ;)

Go vote, Americans.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Nov 8 2016 3:25 AM
admin: Granted that very view people like Clinton or Trump, I'd say your prediction is a safe bet :D

Thumbs up from:
Kohai
By Kohai | Nov 8 2016 3:34 PM
Looks like Trump is our next President. Grrr.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Nov 8 2016 6:51 PM
Hillary has officially conceded. Trump is the next US president.
Famousdebater from DDO.
admin
By admin | Nov 8 2016 7:11 PM
Famousdebater: Yip, my brother's "very happy"
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Nov 9 2016 4:39 AM
Hey @admin do you have any place down in NZ that I can hide in for the next four years?
admin
By admin | Nov 9 2016 4:43 AM
Kohai: You're not the first person to ask me that today.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Nov 9 2016 4:56 AM
admin: LOL. The immigration website in Canada crashed last night.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 8:42 AM
admin: Would you call Trump a racist?
admin
By admin | Nov 21 2016 8:46 AM
Bi0Hazard: Yip
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 8:55 AM
admin: Really?
admin
By admin | Nov 21 2016 8:59 AM
Bi0Hazard: Sure.

To be clear I don't think he's significantly less racist than most republicans. But still.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 9:05 AM
admin: To be clear I don't think he's significantly less racist than most republicans. But still.
Oh, never mind then. You seem to be among them that to think that the Republican party is a racist party.
admin
By admin | Nov 21 2016 9:09 AM
Bi0Hazard: A lot of democrats are, too. The most racist candidate in the election, AFAIK, was the Green VP Ajamu. Other republicans are not.

In general, however, because the republicans TEND TO be conservative and because the USA historically has had racist social institutions, republicanism tends to be more attractive to racists in the USA (usually).
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 9:37 AM
admin: The most racist candidate in the election, AFAIK, was the Green VP Ajamu.
Then you must look at racism in a different way. Ajamu Baraka is a civil rights activist, he isn't "racist".
In general, however, because the republicans TEND TO be conservative and because the USA historically has had racist social institutions, republicanism tends to be more attractive to racists in the USA (usually).
Yes, that is true, but modern day conservatism don't support going back to racist social institutions.

Tell me, what do you consider to make a candidate racist?
admin
By admin | Nov 21 2016 2:44 PM
Bi0Hazard: Anyone who supports any form of genocide is a racist IMO. In general, if you support discrimination of any sort on racial grounds, I consider that a form of racism. A person who knowingly holds racist views would be, in general, considered by me to be racist.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 4:54 PM
admin: Anyone who supports any form of genocide is a racist IMO.
That is an inaccurate way of looking at it.
In general, if you support discrimination of any sort on racial grounds, I consider that a form of racism.
Arguably yes, but then would that make someone who supports affirmative action racist?

Does Jill Stein support affirmative action? (I thought so, but I am not so sure)
admin
By admin | Nov 21 2016 4:58 PM
Bi0Hazard: In my view, yes.

We need to get rid of two notions here. One is that racism is bad or wrong. That's not always the case. The other is that affirmative action is necessarily good.

Without those presumptions there isn't even a comparative. Affirmative action is a "positive" interpretation of racism.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Nov 21 2016 5:32 PM
admin: And how are republicans racist?
Page: 12Most Recent