EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

U.S. presidential election

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 10 2016 1:30 PM
Crow: Would you vote for an anarchist if there was one running?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 10 2016 1:33 PM
admin: Trump will win against her easily, I'm calling it.
Hillary Clinton has a better chance, however, these elections are so unpredictable, that maybe Trump will win by a landslide.
I predicted last year that it would be Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton and Hillary would win, so far everything is falling under my prediction, now we will just have to see what will happen on election day.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 10 2016 8:08 PM
Bi0Hazard: A serious anarchist would never run for a state office. I get the feeling that you do not understand what anarchism is actually supposed to be.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 11 2016 1:34 PM
Crow: Probably not, but if someone is serious about their beliefs, they would make an effort to change society to fit their ideology. Transforming the U.S. into anarchy(abolishing the fed and state governments) wouldn't be achievable through democracy, but it wouldn't be bad for someone to make an effort to change society.
I get the feeling that you do not understand what anarchism is actually supposed to be.
I understand it, but according to you I don't(since that argument we had), but anarchy is a simple concept.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 11 2016 1:37 PM
Bi0Hazard: At most I would vote for a libertarian
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 11 2016 1:37 PM
Crow: There is even a communist party in the U.S., people can be serious about their beliefs and participate in democracy.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 11 2016 1:39 PM
Bi0Hazard: Communism is a false equivalency, since it generally supports increasing state control. Electorates are a tool of the state, so it isn't surprising that communists would use it to gain power.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 11 2016 1:43 PM
Crow: So someone running for office to lessen state control to prepare for anarchy is inconsistent with Anarchism?
Crow
By Crow | Jun 11 2016 1:45 PM
Bi0Hazard: Serious anarchists do not have faith in the state. Anarchists who run for office would not be treated seriously by the community.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 11 2016 1:47 PM
@DHS15608

I do believe that policy changes could help though. Mostly things like reducing social spending, corporate aid, various laws, ect.
Page: 123Most Recent