EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

U.S. presidential election

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
admin
By admin | May 16 2016 2:16 PM
Krazy: I've mentioned this before, but this is only true if you ignore negative freedoms.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | May 19 2016 5:48 PM
Explain why you think Hillary Clinton is not a great candidate(if you think so) and why you think Donald Trump is not a great candidate(if you think so).
Then explain what a great candidate would look like.
admin
By admin | May 20 2016 3:49 AM
Bi0Hazard: Hillary Clinton isn't great because she's a conservative masquerading as a progressive. Donald Trump isn't great because he's a self-serving populist masquerading as a conservative.

A great candidate is somebody who stands by and earnestly defends their true convictions. Like Bernie in this election or Ron Paul in the previous one.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 24 2016 1:55 PM
admin: A great candidate is somebody who stands by and earnestly defends their true convictions. Like Bernie in this election or Ron Paul in the previous one.
Like Adolf Hitler, ehy?
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 24 2016 2:02 PM
admin: I've mentioned this before, but this is only true if you ignore negative freedoms.
All liberties (get it right) are either positive or negative, relative to the opinion and circumstances of the person who has them.
admin
By admin | May 24 2016 5:54 PM
Priest of Swag: Hitler certainly had that quality over many modern politicians, even though he was also implicated in covering up plenty of his more vile activities from the German public of the time.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 24 2016 8:22 PM
admin: You said a great candidate . I assume you mean someone who is right for the job, and not just someone who is good at obtaining votes.

Beer Hall Putsch and Hitler's other revolutionary activities were not exactly secret come time for his election. Doesn't really matter what he did after he got elected, does it?

By your rule he should of been a great leader, but instead he is recognized as one of the worst.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 1:27 AM
Priest of Swag: I don't think he was one of the worst. He certainly isn't the best leader I can think of either, but denigrating any quality because Hitler had it is the epitome of Youtube-comment-argument. You might as well say not to vote for people with mustaches.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 8:17 AM
admin: I am not saying he didn't have great qualities. You did imply that he would of been a great chancellor do to his strong and open convictions prior to him taking office.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 3:37 PM
Priest of Swag: Sure, and in general, I would have respected that quality in him. Current US presidential candidates generally seem to lack it.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 8 2016 4:36 PM
admin: It has been 20 days, but I decided to respond to this.
Hillary Clinton isn't great because she's a conservative masquerading as a progressive. Donald Trump isn't great because he's a self-serving populist masquerading as a conservative.
Hillary Clinton is not a conservative(and I shouldn't have to explain why).
Define populist for me.
admin
By admin | Jun 8 2016 4:39 PM
Bi0Hazard: Hillary Clinton absolutely wants to keep the status quo. She's about as conservative as they come with all the things she wants to conserve.

Populist = doing things not motivated by any fixed ideology except the current emotions and beliefs of the people of the day.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 8 2016 4:53 PM
admin: Hillary Clinton is more Liberal, she holds liberal beliefs.
I don't know Donald Trump's true motivations, but I would guess that your incorrect, he seems to have his own views.
admin
By admin | Jun 8 2016 4:57 PM
Bi0Hazard: I doubt you could name me one thing Clinton actually wants to change about the current government policy. Absolutely the epitome of establishment politics.

Trump will win against her easily, I'm calling it.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 8 2016 5:01 PM
admin: I doubt you could name me one thing Clinton actually wants to change about the current government policy. Absolutely the epitome of establishment politics.
I must be misunderstanding what your saying since its obvious that there are things she wants to change, your not stupid, so what do you mean?
admin
By admin | Jun 8 2016 5:03 PM
Bi0Hazard: I don't think she wants to change anything. Everytime she speaks she mostly praises Obama to high heavens, says she'll follow and expand what he's done, and repeat some typical Democrat party lines.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 8 2016 10:55 PM
So here is why Hillary Clinton is a terrible human being.

She is the living epitome of a "do-whatever-it-takes-to-attain-power" politician. She changes her views whenever the political climate shifts, and has absolutely no convictions whatsoever when she speaks. She just tells people what they want to hear.

I see through this witch.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 9 2016 1:36 PM
admin: Ah, i see what you mean, but she talks about changing things all the time. She may be your average democrat, but democrats have called for progress. I mean, Obamacare is a good example of some change(by Obama, of course).
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 10 2016 7:46 AM
Crow: What candidate do you want to win?
Crow
By Crow | Jun 10 2016 9:56 AM
Bi0Hazard: Neither.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Page: 123Most Recent