EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The "Licentiate" vicepresident scandal

< Return to subforum
condeelmaster
By condeelmaster | Feb 27 2016 1:58 AM
Maybe is not that popular internationally, but here in America it is. The vicepresident of my country, Uruguay, always presented himself as a Licentiate in Human Genetics, graduated with honours from La Habana. However, a few days ago journalists discovered he didn't graduated. Moreover, the genetic course didn't existed in La Habana University when he supposedly graduated.
He firstly admitted it was a short course, not a licence. But then he said he did graduated.
He lastly declared he will go to La Habana and get the documentation to prove his degree. This would be impossible, because that degree didn't existed, but as he and his family are friends with the Castros, it's possible that they create a document just for him.

What do you think of all this?
Rodrigo!
admin
By admin | Feb 27 2016 11:27 PM
condeelmaster: That, as per usual, politicians do not always tell the truth :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
JD Baring
By JD Baring | Feb 28 2016 1:37 AM
condeelmaster: I have a similar case here in the Philippines. The son of Marcos, now a Senator (I don't know why he was elected), tried to brag that he graduated in Oxford University and got a degree in Economics and Philosophy. Oxford then confirmed he only got a 'special diploma' in Social Studies. Oxford continued to explain that he did not even finish those degrees. Politicians do lie, always.