EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Five Minor Nations with Superior Militaries

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 5 2015 7:58 AM
This is just a placeholder post. The actual content will come below this due to the absence of the "preview" button. Hold off on posting.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 5 2015 8:56 AM
Poland

Why does Poland have a superior military? Because they have some of the best trained infantry and special forces in the whole world, and are producing next generation prototypes in nearly every weapons class. Technological edges create superior militaries. I also might be a bit biased towards this one, but I doubt any of you will have a clue why.

Polish Assault Rifle: Kbs wz. 1996 Beryl

This is the current service rifle of Poland's mainline infantry units. It is most comparable to the service rifle of its southern neighbor, the CZ-805 Bren. It combines attributes of the late AK Assault Rifle family and modern western assault rifles. I always personally believed the fancy plastics on western assault rifles got schooled by eastern rifles, but this gun really has the best of both worlds. It has the stability and accuracy of a western assault rifle combined with the reliability and impact of eastern assault rifles.

There is also a unique half SMG-Rifle variant known as the Mini Beryl. It serves duel capabilities as a mid-range rifle and a close quarters anti-personnel death machine.
?w=320&s=9a4ecd5decc44d9c943e820d8eeaacd3

Polish Assault Rifle Prototype: MSBS Radon

Not a lot is known about this rifle yet, but outwardly it suggests that it has a lot in common with the modular Italian Assault Rifle, the Beretta ARX 160. It is supposed to be the ultimate ease of use modular assault rifle. Everything is transformable, and the absence of expensive fiber materials makes it a really cost effective multi-purpose weapons, which supposedly should have capabilities above current service rifles.

Polish Rifle Grenades

The only reason I bring this up is because most modern service rifles do not have the capability to hold a socket grenade, but Poland's main service rifle can. This is a forgotten WW2 technology that actually had a lot of merit, so it is frustrating seeing that only a few nations are trying to maintain socket grenades. A polish grenadier will not only be equipped with an underbarrel grenade launcher, but 5 socket grenades, both anti-personnel and anti-tank.

Polish Main Battle Tank: PT-91 Twardy

The PT-91 Twardy is the best main battle tank, hands down. Many of the fancy western armies mock the PT-91 Twardy for its meagre armor. Before you criticize the fact that a PT-91 Twardy would easily be scrapped anywhere within 300 meters of any other MBT, you have to remember, the PT-91 Twardy is designed so it will never actually be within 300 meters of another MBT. Its cannon is extremely powerful and has a firing range beyond any other MBT currently in mass production. It can be frustrating for an armor commander to send extremely expensive tanks at a enemy that can't even be reached. Why? Because the PT-91 Twardy weapons system already has you in his sights before you can reach him or see him.

Polish Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Mass-Production Stage) : KTO Rosomak

The Rosomak, along with a select few other IFV designs, is innovative in the fact that it is defying the classic Soviet and American doctrines for designing an IFV. It is fast, can carry infantry, but what differentiates itself from other IFV designs is its long range and stable armor piercing gun. The coxial can shred down personnel, and that gun is capable of penetrating other IFV's and even tanks.

Polish Naval Special Forces: JW Formoza

This is an extremely elite and renowned unit. Only the best in Poland are recruited to JW Formoza, and the training is gruelling and something like Spetznaz training (They will torture and break you for months, it is customary). They are black operations, so the shades, mask, and combat helmet come standard with every uniform.

Polish Asymmetric Warfare Special Forces: JW Grom

This is also a black operations unit, so their identities are completely erased. Their training takes years, and they specialize in counter-terrorism and asymmetric warfare.

Polish Secret Police Unit ???: JW AGAT

Black operations unit. No one is really sure what they do. They were originally approved as a Military Police unit, but they eventually separated from the Polish MP. I'm not even sure if AGAT knows what AGAT does. The best speculation is that they are the special forces arm of the military police.

Polish Airborne Special Forces

Enough said. Not black operations, but if even pilots are accompanies by special forces, then that says a lot about Poland's military in itself.

Polish General Special Forces: JW Komandosow

I suggest ppl read up on the Polish Kommando's in Afghanistan. They were the most renowned SF unit in the country, and were given lots of dangerous missions, all accomplished with a 100% success rate.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 5 2015 8:57 AM
Blackflag:

I had four more, but this one took me three times as long as I thought it would, so I'll come back to this
admin
By admin | Jul 5 2015 9:05 AM
Blackflag: I'm hoping New Zealand won't make the list :P
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 5 2015 11:03 PM
admin: Hah, not even a chance. Foremost because your equipment is mostly outdated and unvaried. Second most is because you don't produce any of your own stuff, which you guys really should. Sub-par militaries license weapons rather than make their own. Fact and not fiction.
admin
By admin | Jul 5 2015 11:07 PM
Blackflag: Yay! :D Proud of my people.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!