EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

China Hack

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:23 PM
Advice to Iraq, if you don't want to be invaded for suspected nuclear weapons, do not declare to the world that you possess nuclear weapons *Derp*
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:24 PM
admin: Not always from that building, no. The vast majority of cyber attacks out of China come from random factory towns, especially around the south. The media, of course, blames everything on the Chinese government regardless.
It isn't like the Chinese government controls factories and has secret police throughout its towns.
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:24 PM
Blackflag: You...
said that espionage related to war, cyber or not, is fair game. Espionage that commits attacks on capitalism or global markets is something that should be discouraged.

Therefore, you have a problem with them stealing corporate secrets (for example secrets held under copyright-type protections) but not with them waging war.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:25 PM
Blackflag: They don't. They literally don't.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:26 PM
Therefore, you have a problem with them stealing corporate secrets (for example secrets held under copyright-type protections) but not with them waging war.
Nah, espionage is different than war. No one has to die in espionage activities, where people almost always die in war (except cyber wars)
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:26 PM
Blackflag: What do you expect them to say? "Oh yeah Israel, our military is weak, please don't invade us like you have tried with every other country around the Arab world..."

Seriously, even Lebanon claimed to have nukes at one point.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:27 PM
Blackflag: So I suppose you're one of those nuts that support the trade embargo on North Korea over continuing diplomacy then?

Even though North Korea has no problem killing millions of citizens and using the US trade embargo to justify it?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:33 PM
So I suppose you're one of those nuts that support the trade embargo on North Korea over continuing diplomacy then?

Even though North Korea has no problem killing millions of citizens and using the US trade embargo to justify it?

In short, no. I support trade with Cuba, Sudan, North Korea, Syria, and Russia. All nations which we have trade embargoes on.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:35 PM
What do you expect them to say? "Oh yeah Israel, our military is weak, please don't invade us like you have tried with every other country around the Arab world..."

Seriously, even Lebanon claimed to have nukes at one point.

I expect the brutal and power hungry dictator Saddam to do something other than declare that he broke an international UN agreement.
Israel wasn't going to invade Iraq anyways, they don't even share a border. Stop acting whack. Are you high?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:37 PM
Correction. I do not have a problem with them waging a cyberwar on military industries. I would have no qualms on the US hacking into an Iranian military base and erasing all their data on the T-100 prototype
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:38 PM
Blackflag: Right. Because Iraq and Israel hadn't gone to war before... seriously, how deluded can you be?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:39 PM
please don't invade us like you have tried with every other country around the Arab world
Israel has invaded three arab countries, all of which bordered Israel and had declared war on Israel. Why do stalinist aligned liberals always scapegoat Israel anyways?
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 10 2015 1:40 PM
While building up a sufficient cybersecurity system is a good albeit expensive idea, the United States shouldn't have to expect cyberattacks. While we should be more prepared, it's ultimately China's fault that the attacks happen, and they should be punished by the U.S. if they keep doing it.
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:41 PM
Blackflag: Allowing your own military industries to become stronger so you can kill more people later is fair game? Seriously, what else would be the purpose of this? Oh that's right - prevent an Israeli ground strike by launching a virus co-created with Israel that:
1) Fails to shutdown the reactor, and only partially disables it for a short while
2) Escapes and harms hundreds of others
3) Doesn't attack ANY military facilities in Iran - only a civilian nuclear reactor
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:42 PM
Right. Because Iraq and Israel hadn't gone to war before... seriously, how deluded can you be?
My level of delusion is 0. An Israel division have never entered Iraq and an Iraqi division has never entered Israel. The Iraqi airforce was used in support of Lebanon though, but that is a far cry from having Israel invade Iraq. Now that is delusional.
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:43 PM
Blackflag: Stalinist-aligned? lol.

Difference between invasion, which requires occupation, and launching attacks or strikes. Arab countries all hate each other but they hate Israel the most. I'm simply saying what Saddam was probably thinking, not what your conjecture brings up.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 1:43 PM
Allowing your own military industries to become stronger so you can kill more people later is fair game? Seriously, what else would be the purpose of this? Oh that's right - prevent an Israeli ground strike by launching a virus co-created with Israel that:
1) Fails to shutdown the reactor, and only partially disables it for a short while
2) Escapes and harms hundreds of others
3) Doesn't attack ANY military facilities in Iran - only a civilian nuclear reactor

Nah, the reason we weaken the military industries of our enemies is so we wont have to go to war. They are doing the same thing. No one really wants to go to war... well, except that old French Bastard Louis the XIV, but he was crazy.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 10 2015 1:44 PM
Dassault Papillon: *cyberattacks from a regime that isn't our enemy.

Really, the fact that these attacks happen show that China is the enemy of the U.S, and the U.S. should've declared taken action against China years ago.
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:44 PM
Blackflag: Sure. And they also clashed in the Kuwait war and basically every other major war before then :)
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 1:45 PM
Blackflag: Oh, so if nobody else has a military but you, then you're alright with that? No need to ever go to war then, right?
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 123456Most Recent