EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Greatest movie of all time

< Return to subforum
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 19 2014 8:11 PM
I think it's important for people to know at any given moment the answers to all life's BIG questions...
Favourite artist, favourite number, who would you have dinner with etc etc.

My favourite movie OF ALL TIME is actually a franchise. It's the Rocky franchise. If I were forced to pick one, it would be the last one, Rocky Balboa.
This franchise has such depth it's amazing. If you haven't seen them, you need to go rent them and watch them back to back, in order.
If you don't have that kind of time, just watch the first one and the last one, although you'll be missing out.
If you don't even have THAT kind of time, just watch the first one.

Best movie ever.
What's yours? And don't say some Disney/Pixar animation formula crap unless you want to risk my losing all respect for you... This is the best movie of all time here!
Go!

9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Oct 20 2014 8:53 AM
nzlockie: Best movie of all time is definitely The Godfather.
But best movie I've seen is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
My favorite movie though, is The Lego Movie.
Master of awesomeness
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Oct 20 2014 9:58 AM
nzlockie: The lion king.
The animation and the live London production.

They both made me cry.
Also, The Blind Side. That didn't make me cry but it's awesome.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
admin
By admin | Oct 20 2014 8:22 PM
nzlockie: Best franchise: Lord of the rings. 2nd place to Star Wars.

Best single movie: The Matrix (first one of the series). 2nd place to the good, the bad and the ugly. Honorable mention to Titanic and Forrest Gump.

Best animated movie: Lion King. Followed by Lego Movie / Kung Fu Panda (tied).

Best NZ film: Once Were Warriors.

Best foreign-language film: Crouching tiger, hidden dragon. 2nd place to Downfall.

Best historical epic (my fav. genre :( Gladiator. Followed by Confucius. Honorable mentions to Mongol and 300.

Best music: Pirates of the Caribbean. 2nd place to Star Wars.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 20 2014 9:03 PM
admin: Categories! I like it:

Franchise: ROCKY, (2nd place: BBC Planet Earth Series.)
Single Movie: My Girl, (2nd place: Leon)
Animated Movie: Finding Nemo
NZ Film: Boy
Foreign Language: Amelie
Historical Epic: Gallipoli, (2nd place: Saving Private Ryan)
Best Music: Blues Brothers 2000 (2nd place: Blues Brothers)

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 20 2014 9:05 PM
Lot of good movies didn't make the cut there...
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Oct 21 2014 6:01 AM
admin: what a surprise. Lego movie is tied with Kung Fu Panda...hmm...I might have to rewatch KFP under a dif. perspective.
Master of awesomeness
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Oct 21 2014 6:02 AM
best movie with main characters being Asain is Shaolin Soccer, hands down.
Master of awesomeness
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 21 2014 6:34 AM
9spaceking: I'd probably have to agree with you there.
admin
By admin | Oct 21 2014 9:49 AM
9spaceking: Shaolin soccer has a great second half, first half is really boring though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Oct 21 2014 10:10 AM
admin: true true, first half is more or less set-up, random comedy relief, things go much more exciting from the transcending scene. Nevertheless, the black-and-white scene is really really darn cool. I also LOVE the contrast between the beginning and the ending...technically the movie could've just ended at the point where the villain is shut in jail, but I really like the add on. The beginning, people are falling, failing, getting fired, but at the ending, everybody's awesome at Kung Fu, and the main character plus the woman are a couple! I really liked the movie!
Master of awesomeness
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Oct 22 2014 5:36 AM
best sci-fi movie is Source Code in my opinion. Although mostly because Matrix has WAAAAAAY too much stop motion for my viewing pleasure, and S.C. has a far cooler ending (it was cheesy for a few seconds, but then it backtracked and managed to obtain the super cool mood it had set up)
Master of awesomeness