EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Awesome photos thread

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jun 30 2014 5:41 AM
Share your favorite photos here. Doesn't have to be taken by you. To start the thread off, here's a pretty sunset shot I took last summer.

I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 30 2014 11:21 PM
admin: I always like long exposure pics. This one is taken from New Zealand, where it is possible to see the celestial south pole - the point around which the entire night sky appears to revolve.

Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:32 PM
nzlockie: That is awesome!
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Aug 27 2014 5:34 AM
Master of awesomeness
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 27 2014 8:26 AM
Oh, fun. Beach in Michigan
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Aug 29 2014 2:11 PM
Blackflag: That's gorgeous.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 29 2014 2:52 PM
Forti Animo: Wait for it

^Porcupine Mountains

^Detroit
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Gb3KHYNhKcTsCsE2poMGjLs9lAe95uMiSGj3KhbJ11RkM7-VEA
^People game in these islands. Not sure what, but there are a lot on Lake Michigan

^Mackinac Bridge, third largest in America, 16th in the world
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 29 2014 2:57 PM
No what, I might as well do the 50 states here. I'll do a state each night . Ohio....
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfqTXDlJDvArurB6OUm9j60METMXGny90RJGOZLREtuQ7rmE2v
^Cleveland Ohio

^Logan Country

^Berlin Lake

admin
By admin | Aug 30 2014 2:06 AM
More shots from my beautiful region because I'm so happy where I live. I'll also see if I can profile a different part of New Zealand in the same way as Csareo is doing. #nofilter

^ Crown jewel of the Kapiti Coast, Kapiti Island. Now a nature reserve, once home to the feared Maori warlord Te Rauparaha

^ Once a, for a few days at most, a vast swarm of (literally) millions of seagulls pops by for a visit. It's a kind of extended family reunion tradition the seagulls have.

^ Beyond the coast lie the spectacular Tararua Ranges

And a few photos not by me:

:D
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 3:28 AM
admin: Wow, you got a beautiful setting. America's coasts are on sea plates, so the mountains don't touch the water, beaches do.
BTW, I love mountains and New Zealand has some beautiful mountains. One tradeoff that can be seen in those pictures is a lack of beaches, but I'm not much of a beach guy to begin with.
admin
By admin | Aug 30 2014 1:29 PM
Blackflag: Of course we have beaches. What do you think all that brown stuff next to the water is?

Side note: NZ has a great range of beach colors, from black sand to white sand and everything in between.

What I love about the beach here is that it's never full, nor is it ever empty. It doesn't feel deserted, and there's always at least one other person there, but there's still always ample space to do whatever you feel like doing, so it doesn't get crowded. That holds true all year round.

Still I think I'll do the central plateau next, also known as Mordor.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 1:32 PM
admin: I didn't mean to imply that New Zealand doesn't have beaches. The photos you showed me didn't, because the land near the water is elevated.
admin
By admin | Aug 30 2014 1:38 PM
Blackflag: On the very first photo, you can see two people walking along the beach.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 1:41 PM
admin: I was aware.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 1:46 PM
Is that a rainforst in that one picture? America has one rainforest, believe it or not, its in Washington.

Which is the weirdest thing I ever saw.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 1:48 PM

For a state that gets covered in snow, having a rainforest is wild
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 1:54 PM
As promised, here are some pictures of Acadia State

The last one is real
admin
By admin | Aug 30 2014 4:34 PM
Blackflag: Pretty sure my one is not. Actually it's very sparse for a NZ forest, I think it must be from up high in the ranges somewhere.

Nice rainforest though.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 4:43 PM
admin: The rainforest is somewhat of a phenomenon. It is right across the river from seattle, which is even weirder.

Hard to believe that a state touching the southern most islands of Alaska could hold a rainforest.
You would expect to find one in the tropical/marsh states like Florida and New Orleans, but apparently not.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 30 2014 4:44 PM
Blackflag: That's a volcano btw.
One of the worst eruptions in history came from Mount Washington.
Page: 12Most Recent