EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Neurological Forensics

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 27 2017 8:13 AM
It goes without saying that dead people have significantly less bodily autonomy than their living counterparts: their bodies may be cut open and autopsied and chemically treated and stuff.
In the future, one of the potential applications of the neuro revolution is in forensic science. Reading everyone's thoughts to prevent and solve crimes is something of a taboo idea in the West, for obvious reasons. But dead bodies? Not so much.
Corpses, while brain dead, usually still have mostly intact brains for some time after death. This might also mean that their neurological "data" remains intact for some time after death. This data could be analyzed by the cops.
For example, let's say the victim saw his or her killer immediately before dying. The police could use these last memories of the victim to identify the killer.
Any thoughts?
admin
By admin | Jun 27 2017 9:49 AM
Dassault Papillon: I suspect strongly they'd decay rather quickly. In theory it might be somewhat possible in the distant future.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!